Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for HTC Desire 816 users. According to Grarak, CM12.1 [Unofficial] ROM is released for HTC Desire 816. In my previous post, I have written the instructions for updating Asus Transformer TF300T to Lollipop 5.1.0_r1 with the help of KatKiss 5.1. Now the stunning news is that Desire 816 users can test CM12.1 [a5]. Today, I will post the steps for updating HTC Desire 816 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CM12.1 [a5]. This is really a stunning news for Desire 816 owners who are bored with Lollipop 5.0.2 and eagerly waiting to enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on their Desire 816. CM12.1 [a5] may bring some improvements on your Desire 816. The most important thing is that CM12.1 [a5] will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1.
I am hoping that Desire 816 users will be able to install CM12.1 [a5] easily without facing any issue after following the steps written in Androidbiits.com. CM12.1 [a5] needs rooted Desire 816, so it is important to root Desire 816. Another crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on Desire 816 before installing CM12.1 [a5]. You can perform all these tasks after unlocking your Desire 816 bootloader. You may experience several bugs on Desire 816 after installing CM12.1 [a5]. Androidbiits.com recommends that Desire 816 users must take a backup of their documents including contacts and messages before installing CM12.1 [a5], as there is a possibility of losing all documents including contacts and messages from their Desire 816. If you are a lover of Custom ROM, then you must use CM12.1 [a5] on your Desire 816.
Below are the step-by-step method using which you can install CM12.1 [a5]. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if Desire 816 got damaged during the installation of CM12.1 [a5]. Desire 816 battery level must be more than 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM on HTC Desire 816 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download CyanogenMod 12.1 [a5] for your Desire 816.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for your HTC phone.
3. It is the perfect time to go to HTC phone settings, then it is important to choose USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach your HTC phone with your desktop.
5. It is the time to send CyanogenMod 12.1 [a5] and Gapps to Desire 816 memory card.
6. It is the time to switch off your Desire 816.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from Desire 816.
8. It is very crucial to put your HTC phone into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on Desire 816.
10. It is the time to tap “wipe cache partition” on Desire 816.
11. It is the proper time to choose “install zip from SD card” on your HTC device.
12. It is the time to choose CyanogenMod 12.1 [a5] on Desire 816.
13. It is the time to install CyanogenMod 12.1 [a5] on Desire 816.
14. It is the time to go to HTC phone main menu and then you will have to click “reboot system now”.
15. It is the perfect time to wait until your smartphone restarts.
After your Desire 816 is rebooted, you can test CM12.1 [a5]. Dear friend, if you are facing any issue while installing CM12.1 [a5], then you must share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.