Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for LG Nexus 5 D820 users. According to mikegapinski, Android 5.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12.1 [Unofficial] Custom ROM is released for LG Nexus 5 D820. In my previous post, I have discussed about the simple instructions for updating S4 Mini GT-I9195L to Lollipop 5.0.2 with the help of ResurrectionRemix 5.3.9. Now the stunning news is that Nexus 5 D820 users can test CM12.1. Today, I will write the step-by-step tutorial for updating LG Nexus 5 D820 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CM12.1. This is really a glorious news for D820 owners who are waiting to test the new version of Lollipop on their LG Nexus 5 D820. CM12.1 may bring some improvements on your D820. The most important thing is that CM12.1 will allow you to test Lollipop 5.1 on your D820.
I am expecting that Nexus 5 D820 users will be able to install CyanogenMod 12.1 easily without facing any difficulty after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. CM12.1 needs rooted D820, so it is important to root Nexus 5 D820 for installing CM12.1. Well, another necessary thing is CWM recovery installation on D820 before installing CM12.1. You can perform all these tasks after unlocking D820 bootloader. You may experience several bugs on D820 after installing CM12.1. Androidbiits.com recommends that D820 users must take a backup of their data including messages and contacts before installing CM12.1, as there is a chance of losing all data including messages and contacts from D820. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM, then you must test CM12.1.
Below are the step-by-step method using which you can install CyanogenMod 12.1. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if D820 got broken during the installation of CM12.1. D820 battery must be more than 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12.1 [Unofficial] Custom ROM on LG Nexus 5 D820 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download CM12.1 for your Nexus 5.
2. It is the proper time to download Gapps for D820.
3. It is the time to go to D820 settings, then you will have to click USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach LG Nexus 5 D820 with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer CM12.1 [Unofficial] and Gapps to D820 memory card.
6. It is the time to turn off LG Nexus 5 D820.
7. It is necessary to remove the USB cable from D820.
8. It is the time to put D820 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to choose “wipe data/factory reset” on D820.
10. It is the time to choose “wipe cache partition” on D820.
11. It is the time to choose “install zip from SD card” for installing CyanogenMod 12.1 [Unofficial] on D820.
12. It is the time to choose CyanogenMod 12.1 [Unofficial] on D820.
13. It is the time to install CyanogenMod 12.1 [Unofficial] on LG Nexus 5 D820.
14. It is the time to go to D820 main menu and then you will have to click “reboot system now”.
15. It is the perfect time to wait until D820 restarts.
After your LG Nexus 5 D820 is rebooted, you can test CM12.1. Dear friend, if you are experiencing any difficulty while installing CM12.1, then you must share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.