Androidbiits.com brings an outstanding news for Motorola Moto E XT1021 users. According to scritch007, Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CM12.1 [condor] Custom ROM is released for Motorola Moto E XT1021. In my previous post, I have written the instructions for updating S4 GT-I9505 to Lollipop 5.1. Now the awesome news is that XT1021 users can test Android 5.1.0 via CM12.1 [condor]. I will post the steps for updating Moto E XT1021 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CM12.1 [condor]. This is really an awesome news for XT1021 owners who are waiting to test Lollipop 5.1 on their XT1021. CM12.1 [condor] may bring several improvements on XT1021. The important thing is that CM12.1 [condor] will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on XT1021.
I am hoping that Moto E XT1021 users will be able to install Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [condor] easily without facing any issue after following the steps written in Androidbiits.com. CM12.1 [condor] requires rooted Moto E, so it is essential to root XT1021 before installing CM12.1 [condor]. Oh yes, the crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on XT1021. You can perform all these works after unlocking XT1021 bootloader. Don’t forget that you may experience several bugs on your XT1021 after installing CM12.1 [condor]. Androidbiits.com recommends that XT1021 users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [condor], as there is a chance of data loss from their XT1021. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must use CM12.1 [condor] on your XT1021.
Below are the step-by-step method using which you can install CM12.1 [condor]. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if XT1021 got damaged during the installation of CM12.1 [condor]. XT1021 battery level must be more than 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 [condor] ROM on Motorola Moto E XT1021 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download CyanogenMod 12.1 [condor] for your XT1021.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for XT1021.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach XT1021 with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer CM12.1 [condor] and Gapps to XT1021 memory card.
6. It is the time to turn off XT1021.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from XT1021.
8. It is very crucial to put your XT1021 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on XT1021.
10. It is the time to tap “wipe cache partition” on XT1021.
11. It is the proper time to choose “install zip from SD card” for installing CyanogenMod 12.1 [condor] on your XT1021.
12. It is the time to choose CyanogenMod 12.1 [condor] on XT1021.
13. It is the time to install CyanogenMod 12.1 [condor] on XT1021.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on XT1021.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on XT1021.
16. It is the time to wait until your Moto E restarts.
After your Moto E XT1021 is rebooted, you can test CM12.1 [condor]. If you are facing difficulty while installing CM12.1 [condor] on XT1021, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.