Androidbiits.com brings an amazing news for Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen XT1064 users. According to luca020400, Android 5.1 Lollipop unofficial CM12.1 [titan] Custom ROM is released for Motorola Moto G 2014. In my previous article, I have written the steps for updating T-Mobile LG G2 D801 to Lollipop 5.1 using Resurrection Remix [Beta] v5.4.0. Now the amazing news is that XT1064 users can test CM12.1 [titan]. Today, I will write the simple instructions for updating Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen XT1064 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CM12.1 [titan]. This is really an amazing news for XT1064 owners who are bored with old firmware and planning to test Lollipop 5.1 on XT1064. CM12.1 [titan] may bring many improvements on XT1064.
I am expecting that Moto G XT1064 users will be able to install Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [titan] easily without facing any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. CM12.1 [titan] requires rooted XT1064, so it is essential to root XT1064 before installing CM12.1 [titan]. Another crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on XT1064 before installing CM12.1 [titan]. You can perform all these works after unlocking XT1064 bootloader. Don’t forget that you may experience some bugs on XT1064 after installing CM12.1 [titan].
Androidbiits.com recommends that XT1064 users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [titan], as there is a chance of data loss from their XT1064. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must use CM12.1 [titan] on your XT1064. The important thing is that CM12.1 [titan] will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on XT1064. CM12.1 [titan] is released for Custom ROM lovers who are waiting to test all features of Lollipop 5.1 on XT1064.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install CM12.1 [titan]. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if XT1064 got damaged during this process. XT1064 battery level must be more than 94% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop CM12.1 [titan] Custom ROM on Motorola Moto G 2014 XT1064 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download CM12.1 [titan] for XT1064.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for XT1064.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach XT1064 with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer CM12.1 [titan] and Gapps to XT1064.
6. It is the time to switch off XT1064.
7. It is the time to unplug the USB cable from XT1064.
8. It is very crucial to put your XT1064 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to click “wipe data/factory reset” on XT1064.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on XT1064.
11. It is the time to click “install zip from SD card” for installing CM12.1 [titan] on XT1064.
12. It is the time to choose CM12.1 [titan] on XT1064.
13. It is the time to install CM12.1 [titan] on XT1064.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on XT1064.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on XT1064.
16. It is the time to wait until device restarts.
After your Moto G XT1064 is rebooted, you can test CM12.1 [titan]. If you are facing difficulty while installing CM12.1 [titan] on XT1064, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.