Androidbiits.com brings an amazing news for OnePlus One A0001 users. According to eagleeyetom, Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM 5.1 is released for OnePlus One A0001. Recently, I have discussed about the tutorial for updating Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen XT1527 to Lollipop 5.0.2 with the help of CM12 [Official]. Now the amazing news is that OnePlus One A0001 users can test OmniROM 5.1. Today, I will discuss about the step-by-step instructions for updating OnePlus One A0001 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using OmniROM 5.1. It is really an amazing news for A0001 users who are waiting for bored with the old firmware and waiting to test Lollipop 5.1 on their A0001. I am expecting that OmniROM 5.1 will bring some improvements on your A0001. You must test OmniROM 5.1 on your phone.
I am hoping that you will be able to install OmniROM 5.1 easily without having any difficulty after following the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear A0001 user, OmniROM 5.1 needs rooted A0001, so it is necessary to root A0001. Oh yes, the crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on A0001 before installing OmniROM 5.1. You can perform all these tasks after unlocking A0001 bootloader. You may face some bugs on A0001 after installing OmniROM 5.1. Androidbiits.com recommends that A0001 users must save their data including contacts and messages before installing OmniROM 5.1, as there is a chance of losing all data including contacts and messages from A0001. The most crucial thing is A0001 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the step-by-step instructions using which you can install OmniROM 5.1. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if A0001 got corrupted during the installation of OmniROM 5.1. A0001 battery percentage must be above 94% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM 5.1 Custom ROM on OnePlus One A0001 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download OmniROM 5.1 for your A0001.
2. It is the time to download Gapps for phone.
3. It is the time to go to A0001 settings and then you will have to select USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach OnePlus One with desktop.
5. Once you have successfully attached your A0001, you will have to transfer OmniROM 5.1 and Gapps ZIP file to A0001 SD card.
6. It is the proper time to switch off Oneplus.
7. After switching off your Oneplus, you will have to remove the USB cable.
8. It is the perfect time to unplug the USB cable from Oneplus.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on Oneplus.
10. It is the time to tap “wipe cache partition” on Oneplus.
11. It is the time to tap “install zip from SD card” on Oneplus.
12. It is the time to choose OmniROM 5.1 from A0001 SD card.
13. It is the perfect time to install OmniROM 5.1 on A0001.
14. It is the time to go to Oneplus main menu.
15.It is the time to tap “reboot system now” on Oneplus.
16. It is the time to wait until Oneplus reboots.
After your OnePlus One A0001 is restarted, you can test OmniROM 5.1. Dear A0001 user, if you are experiencing any issue while installing OmniROM 5.1, then you can share your problem with Androidbiits.com.