Androidbiits.com brings a glorious news for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I users. According to albinoman887, CM12.1 [kltedv] unofficial ROM is released for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I. You can read my previous article for updating S5 SM-G900V to Lollipop 5.1 using CM12.1 [kltevzw]. Now the glorious news is that SM-G900I users can test Android 5.1.0 via CM12.1 [kltedv]. Soon, I am going to write the step-by-step tutorial for updating Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CM12.1 [kltedv]. This is really a glorious news for SM-G900I owners who are bored with KitKat and waiting to test Lollipop 5.1 on their S5 SM-G900I. CM12.1 [kltedv] may bring several improvements on S5 SM-G900I.
I am expecting that S5 SM-G900I users will be able to install Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [kltedv] easily without facing any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. CM12.1 [kltedv] requires rooted SM-G900I, so it is essential to root SM-G900I before installing CM12.1 [kltedv]. The crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on SM-G900I. You can perform all these works after unlocking SM-G900I bootloader. Don’t forget that you may experience several bugs on your SM-G900I after installing CM12.1 [kltedv]. Androidbiits.com recommends that S5 SM-G900I users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [kltedv], as there is a chance of data loss from their SM-G900I. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must use CM12.1 [kltedv] on your SM-G900I. The important thing is that CM12.1 [kltedv] will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on S5 SM-G900I.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install CM12.1 [kltedv]. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if SM-G900I got damaged during this process. SM-G900I battery level must be more than 94% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltedv] ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltedv] for your phone.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for SM-G900I.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach SM-G900I with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer CM12.1 [kltedv] and Gapps to SM-G900I SD card.
6. It is the time to switch off SM-G900I.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from SM-G900I.
8. It is very crucial to put your SM-G900I into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on SM-G900I.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on SM-G900I.
11. It is the proper time to choose “install zip from SD card” for installing CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltedv] on your SM-G900I.
12. It is the time to choose CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltedv] on SM-G900I.
13. It is the time to install CyanogenMod 12.1 [kltedv] on SM-G900I.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on SM-G900I.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on SM-G900I.
16. It is the time to wait until phone restarts.
After your S5 SM-G900I is rebooted, you can test CM12.1 [kltedv]. If you are facing difficulty while installing CM12.1 [kltedv] on SM-G900I, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.