Are you a proud owner of Sony Xperia ion? Androidbiits.com brings an amazing news for Xperia ion owners. According to BPaul, Android 5.0.1 Lollipop AOSP Custom ROM has been released for Sony Xperia ion. Previously, I published the steps for installing CyanogenMod 12 on S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727. Now the amazing news is that Xperia ion owners can enjoy Lollipop 5.0.1 via AOSP. Androidbiits will publish the steps for updating Sony Xperia ion to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop AOSP. This is really an amazing news for Xperia ion owners who are waiting for Lollipop.
I am hoping that Sony Xperia ion LT28at owners will be able to install AOSP on Xperia ion easily without experiencing any difficulty after following the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. AOSP is available for Sony Xperia ion. Oh yes, I forgot to write that Xperia ion owners will have to root Sony Xperia ion LT28at in order to install AOSP. Xperia ion needs CWM recovery installation before being updated to Lollipop 5.0.1 via AOSP. Androidbiits recommends that Xperia ion owners must backup their important files in a safe place before updating their ion as there is a possibility of losing all files from Xperia ion. It is essential to install Sony Xperia ion LT28at USB driver on your Windows or Mac computer before connecting LT28at. It will allow your computer to recognize your Xperia ion.
Below are the instructions using which you can install AOSP on Xperia ion. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if Xperia ion got corrupted while being updated to AOSP. Xperia ion battery level must be above 92% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop AOSP Custom ROM on Sony Xperia ion [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download AOSP for Sony Xperia ion.
2. Now you have to download Gapps for Xperia ion.
3. Go to the settings of Sony Xperia ion and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect Sony Xperia ion with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. After connecting your Sony Xperia ion, you need to transfer Gapps and AOSP ZIP file to the SD card of Xperia ion. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Sony Xperia ion and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from Xperia ion main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on Xperia ion.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on your Sony Xperia ion and then you have to install Gapps and AOSP ZIP file from Xperia ion SD card.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Sony Xperia ion and choose “reboot system now” option.
Now you have to wait until your Xperia ion restarts. Dear friend, it may take 18 minutes. You can enjoy coffee until your Xperia ion LT28at restarts. After it is rebooted, you can enjoy Lollipop 5.0.1 via AOSP on Xperia ion. If you are having any issue while installing it on Xperia ion, then you can share your issue with Androidbiits.com.