Are you planning to install a Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z1? Dear friend, Androidbiits.com will help you in installing a new Custom ROM on your Xperia Z1. Today, I will talk about Codename Lungo Custom ROM that is specially designed for Sony Xperia Z1. I have recently posted the tutorial for updating Nexus 4 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat Dirty Unicorn. Now I am going to write the step-by-step instructions using which you can update Sony Xperia Z1 to Android 4.4.3 KitKat Codename Lungo Custom ROM. This is a pretty good news for Sony Xperia Z1 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am hoping that you will be able to install Android 4.4.3 KitKat Codename Lungo on Sony Xperia Z1 without facing any difficulty after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Codename Lungo is a popular Custom ROM available for Sony Xperia Z1. You need to root Xperia Z1 in order to install Codename Lungo. CWM recovery is also needed to be installed on Xperia Z1 before updating it to Codename Lungo. You must save your files in a safe place before updating your Xperia Z1 to Codename Lungo. You must install Xperia Z1 USB driver on your PC for successful connection between your Z1 and computer. Otherwise, your Xperia Z1 will not be recognized by your personal computer.
Below are the steps using which you can install Codename Lungo. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your Z1 got corrupted during the installation process. Xperia Z1 battery level must be above 84% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.3 KitKat Codename Lungo Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z1
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.3 KitKat Codename Lungo Custom ROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your Xperia Z1.
3. Go to the settings of your Xperia Z1 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Xperia Z1 with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Xperia Z1, you need to transfer Android 4.4.3 KitKat Codename Lungo Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Xperia Z1. Then, turn it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Sony Xperia Z1 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for Android 4.4.3 KitKat Codename Lungo Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Z1. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Xperia Z1 and choose “reboot system now” option.
Dear friend, now you will have to wait until your Xperia Z1 restarts. You can have a cup of tea until your Sony Xperia Z1 restarts. Once it is restarted, you can enjoy Codename Lungo. In this way you can update your Z1 to Codename Lungo. If you are facing any difficulty while installing Codename Lungo, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.