If you are a big fan of LG smartphones, then you must have heard about LG G2. My friend has recently bought this phone. This is a popular phone from the South Korean smartphone manufacturer. If you are using LG G2, then I have some good news for you. OptimusPro custom ROM has been released this smartphone. I have recently published the tutorial to update LG Optimus L9 to KitKat CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM. Now you can update LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OptimusPro custom ROM. You can experience many exciting features after installing KitKat OptimusPro custom ROM on your LG G2.
This is really a great news for LG G2 users. You can watch your favorite video on the 5.2 inch screen of this smartphone. You can also take high quality photos using the 13 MP camera of this smartphone. It will provide a great photography experience. If you have finally decided to install the new custom ROM on your LG G2, then you will have to root your smartphone first. OptimusPro is not an official firmware, so CMW recovery need to be installed on your LG G2 before updating it to this firmware. All your important data including photos and videos will be lost during the update process, so you must save them in a secure place before following the steps. You will have to install LG G2 USB driver on your computer before connecting your phone.
Are you ready to update your LG G2? Below are the steps using which you can update your 5.2 inch smartphone to OptimusPro custom ROM. You should note that Androidbiits will not be responsible if your LG G2 got broken after following this tutorial. The battery level of your 5.2 inch smartphone must be above 95% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat OptimusPro Custom ROM on LG G2
1. First you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat OptimusPro custom ROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your LG G2.
3. Now you have to connect your LG G2 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your LG G2, you have to transfer the downloaded KitKat OptimusPro custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your 5.2 inch smartphone from your PC. You have to switch off your LG G2 after completion of the transfer process.
5. Remove the USB cable from your LG G2 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. You have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your G2.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your 5.2 inch smartphone.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” from the main menu of your phone. Then, search for the KitKat OptimusPro custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your LG G2. Then, install them on your phone.
9. Now you have to return back to the main menu of your LG G2 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your LG G2 restarts. Your 5.2 inch smartphone may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your LG G2 is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat OptimusPro Custom ROM on your G2. If you found any difficulty while installing KitKat OptimusPro on your 5.2 inch smartphone, then you can ask me in the comment section.