Are you using Motorola Moto X? This is one of the popular smartphones available in the market. Moto X is manufactured by the American smartphone manufacturer Motorola. It comes with a decent screen. If you have managed to get your hands on Motorola Moto X, then you will be happy to know that Krypton Custom ROM has been released for your phone. I have recently posted the steps for updating Google Nexus 7 to KitKat ElementalX OmniROM. Now you can update Motorola Moto X to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Krypton Custom ROM.
This is really a great news for Motorola Moto X owners. You can experience many exciting features after installing KitKat Krypton Custom ROM on your 4.7 inch smartphone. You can capture stunning pictures using the 10 MP camera of this phone. If you have decided to install the new Custom ROM on your Motorola Moto X, then you will have to root your 4.7 inch smartphone first. Krypton Custom ROM is not an official firmware, so CMW recovery need to be installed on your Moto X before updating it. All your photos, contacts and messages will be removed from your Motorola Moto X after the update process, so you must take a backup. Motorola Moto X USB driver need to be installed on your computer for successful connection between your Moto X and PC.
Now you must be eagerly waiting to update your Motorola Moto X. You can follow the steps posted below to install KitKat Krypton Custom ROM on your phone. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your Motorola Moto X got corrupted during the installation process. The battery level of your Motorola Moto X must be 100% before following these steps.
Steps to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat Krypton Custom ROM on Motorola Moto X
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Krypton Custom ROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your Motorola Moto X.
3. Now you have to connect your Motorola Moto X with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your 4.7-inch device, you have to transfer the Krypton Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Motorola Moto X from your PC. Then, you have to switch off your Moto X.
5. Remove the USB cable from your Motorola Moto X and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your 4.7-inch device.
7. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your 4.7-inch device.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for Android 4.4.2 KitKat Krypton Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Motorola Moto X. Then, install them on your 4.7-inch device.
9. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Moto X and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Motorola Moto X restarts. It may take around 7 minutes to reboot. Once your 4.7-inch phone is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat Krypton Custom ROM on your phone. If you found any difficulty while installing KitKat Krypton Custom ROM on your Moto X, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section.