Many people like to buy budget smartphone. If you are one of them, you can find many budget smartphones in the market. Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus is one of them. One of my friend has recently got his hands on this smartphone. I must say it is a perfect phone for budget smartphone lovers. If you are a proud owner of this low cost Android smartphone, then here is a good news for you. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301 to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXANB1. You can use experience some improvements after installing the new build. Androidbiits.com will post the steps to install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXANB1 on Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301.
It is expected that GT-S5301 owners will be able to install Android 4.0.4 XXANB1 on Pocket Plus GT-S5301 practically without having difficulty after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits. Pocket Plus GT-S5301 battery must be above 94 percentage before following this tutorial. Now you must be thinking how to update your device to the new build of Ice Cream Sandwich. Don’t worry, I will tell you all the steps. The most important thing is that your phone will lose root after installing the new build. If you are a die hard fan of rooted apps, then you will have to root Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus again after the installation process.
Another important thing is that all your data may be deleted during the installation process, so you have to backup all your data before updating your budget smartphone. The good news is that it is an official firmware, so you can avoid installing CWM recovery on your little smartphone. Don’t forget to install the USB driver of Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301 on your PC. It will let you connect your phone with your computer.
Are you ready to update your little budget phone? Finally, I am going to mention all the steps those are required for installing Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXANB1 on Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301. One thing I must say try these steps at your own risk. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if you damage your Samsung Galaxy Tab after following these steps. If the battery level of your phone is low, then you must charge it completely before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXANB1 on Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301
1. First you have to download Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXANB1 on your PC.
2. Now you have to download the new version of Odin and then you have to install it on your PC:
3. Now you have to put your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus GT-S5301 into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your little smartphone.
- Press the Home button and volume down button of your little smartphone simultaneously.
- Press the Power button of your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button.
- After a few minutes you will be able to see a warning message on your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus. Press the volume up button after viewing this warning message, it will let your little smartphone enter into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus with your PC via USB cable. (Your phone must be in download mode)
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus successfully with your PC.
6. Now you have to extract the ZIP file of Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich XXANB1 on your PC downloaded in STEP 1.
7. Once you have successfully extracted the ZIP file, you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “code″ file.
8. Now you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “modem” file.
9. Now you have to press “CSC” in Odin and choose “csc” file.
10. Press “PIT” in Odin and choose “.pit” file.
11. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Re-Partition” and “Auto-reboot” options.
You can listen to your favorite music until your phone restarts. Your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus may take a few minutes to reboot. Once your little smartphone is restarted, you can enjoy the new firmware build on your Samsung Galaxy Pocket Plus. I hope you will not face any difficulty in following these steps. If you found any difficulty, then feel free to ask me in the comment section. I will be very happy to answer your questions. Don’t forget to visit Androidbiits.com.