Are you using Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000? This phone has managed to attract many people worldwide. I am not saying it is very popular among big screen phone lovers, but it is very popular among budget smartphone lovers. The South Korean company has done a good job by adding 5MP camera in this phone. If you are wondering how to install a Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, then you are browsing the right website. I am going to discuss about CyanAOSP Custom ROM. It is specially designed for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Recently, I have posted the steps for updating T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Wicked ROM. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanAOSP Custom ROM.
CyanAOSP is a popular ROM available for Galaxy S GT-I9000. You can enjoy several new features on your Galaxy S after installing CyanAOSP. This is a pretty good news for Galaxy S owners who are bored with the official firmware. Well, you have to root your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 in order to install CyanAOSP. CWM recovery also need to be installed on your Galaxy S before updating it to CyanAOSP. You must backup your personal photos and contacts available on your Galaxy S before updating it. Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 USB driver need to be installed on your computer for successful connection between your Galaxy S and computer.
Below are the steps using which you can install CyanAOSP on your Galaxy S. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your Samsung Galaxy S got corrupted during the installation process. Galaxy S battery level must be above 94% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanAOSP Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
1. First, you have to download CyanAOSP ROM.
2. Download Google Apps package for your 4-inch Galaxy S from the given link.
3. Go to the settings of Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Galaxy S with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Galaxy S, you have to transfer CyanAOSP Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your 4 inch Galaxy S. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Samsung Galaxy S and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your Galaxy S.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Galaxy S.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for CyanAOSP Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Galaxy S and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 restarts. It may take around 6 minutes to reboot. Once your Galaxy S is restarted, you can enjoy CyanAOSP ROM. If you are facing any difficulty while installing CyanAOSP ROM, then you can tell your difficulty in the comment section below.