If you are a diehard fan of Sony smartphones, then you must have heard about Sony Xperia Z2. This is one of the most popular smartphones from the Japanese manufacturer. Actually, I am also big fan of Sony Xperia Z2. If you have managed to buy it, then I have some good news for you. A new custom ROM has been released for this phone. Now you can update Sony Xperia Z2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat RomAur custom ROM. You can experience some stunning features after installing the new custom ROM. This is really a great news for Sony Xperia Z2 users. I have already posted an article for updating Sony Xperia L to KitKat CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM. If you are using Sony Xperia L, then you must read that article.
The great thing about Xperia Z2 is that it is a waterproof smartphone, so you can use it under water. I love this smartphone due to its high quality camera. It comes with 20.7 MP camera that can be used to take stunning photos. You can also play your favorite game on the 5.2 inch screen of the Xperia Z2. It will provide a great experience. You will definitely experience some improvement on your Sony Xperia Z2 after installing the new custom ROM. If you are planning to install KitKat RomAur Custom ROM on your 5.2-inch smartphone, then you will have to root it first. Don’t forget to install CMW recovery on your 5.2-inch smartphone before updating it to KitKat RomAur custom ROM. You should note that all your contacts and other data will be deleted during the update process, so you must save all your data properly. You will have to install Sony Xperia Z2 USB driver on your computer before connecting your phone. If you don’t install it, then your smartphone will not be recognized by your computer.
Are you ready to update your Sony Xperia Z2? Below are the steps using which you can update your 5.2-inch smartphone to KitKat RomAur Custom ROM. You should note that Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if you broke your Xperia Z2 while following these steps. So, you must follow the steps at your own risk. The battery level of your Sony Xperia Z2 must be more than 85% before the installation process.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat RomAur Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z2
1. First you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat RomAur custom ROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for Sony Xperia Z2.
3. Now you have to connect your Sony Xperia Z2 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your 5.2-inch smartphone, you have to transfer the downloaded KitKat RomAur custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Xperia Z2 from your PC. You have to switch off your 5.2-inch smartphone after completion of the transfer process.
5. Remove the USB cable from your Sony Xperia Z2 and then you have to put your 5.2-inch smartphone into Recovery Mode.
6. You have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu after putting your 5.2-inch smartphone into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Sony Xperia Z2.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” from the main menu. Then, you have to search for the KitKat RomAur custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Sony Xperia Z2. Then, install them on your phone.
9. Now you have to return back to the main menu of your Sony Xperia Z2 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Sony Xperia Z2 restarts. Your 5.2-inch smartphone may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your Xperia Z2 is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat RomAur custom ROM on your 5.2-inch smartphone. If you are facing any difficulty while installing KitKat RomAur on your Xperia Z2, then feel free to ask me using the comment section.