Are you wondering how to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to the new firmware? If you are bored with the old firmware, then you must be thinking to install a new firmware. I am going to share a piece of good news with all Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 users. Android 4.4.2 KitKat SpiritROM has been released for Galaxy S2 I9100. I have recently posted the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 to Android KitKat HaWKiSH Custom ROM. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat SpiritROM.
I am sure you will be very happy after installing SpiritROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100. It will bring many exciting features. The South Korean company has done a good job by adding 8 MP camera in Galaxy S II. It provides a great photography experience. You will need to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 in order to install SpiritROM. You will also have to install CWM recovery on Galaxy S2 I9100 before updating it. Save all data in a safe place before updating your Galaxy S II. Don’t forget to install Galaxy S2 I9100 USB driver on your computer before connecting your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can install SpiritROM on your Galaxy S II. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your Galaxy S2 I9100 got corrupted during the installation process. The battery level of your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 must be above 88% before following these steps.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat SpiritROM
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat SpiritROM from the given link.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for Galaxy S2 I9100 from the given link.
3. Go to the settings of Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Galaxy S2 I9100 with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your S II, you have to transfer SpiritROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Galaxy S2 I9100. Then, turn it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for SpiritROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Galaxy S2 I9100. Then, install them on your 4.8-inch phone.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Galaxy S2 I9100 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Galaxy S2 I9100 restarts. It may take around 7 minutes to reboot. Once your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is restarted, you can enjoy SpiritROM. If you are facing any difficulty while installing SpiritROM on your S II, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section.