Androidbiits.com brings a tremendous news for Metro PCS Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530M users. According to matrixzone, CM12.1 [d2mtr] unofficial ROM is released for MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530M. Recently, I have written the step-by-step instructions for updating S3 SGH-T999 to Lollipop 5.1 using CM12.1 [d2tmo]. Now, the tremendous news is that SCH-R530M users can test CM12.1 [d2mtr]. Today, I will post the simple instructions for updating Metro PCS Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530M to Android 5.1 Lollipop via CM12.1 [d2mtr]. This is really a tremendous news for SCH-R530M owners who are bored with KitKat and waiting to test Lollipop on SCH-R530M.
I am expecting that Metro PCS S3 SCH-R530M users will be able to install Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [d2mtr] safely without facing issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. CM12.1 [d2mtr] requires rooted SCH-R530M, so it is important to root MetroPCS S3 SCH-R530M before installing CM12.1 [d2mtr]. The key thing is CWM recovery installation on SCH-R530M before installing CM12.1 [d2mtr]. Dear, I forgot to say that you can do all these works after unlocking SCH-R530M bootloader.
Androidbiits.com recommends that MetroPCS S3 SCH-R530M users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via CM12.1 [d2mtr], as there is a chance of data loss from their SCH-R530M. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must try CM12.1 [d2mtr] on your SCH-R530M. Oh yes, the important thing is that CM12.1 [d2mtr] will allow you to enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on SCH-R530M. CM12.1 [d2mtr] is available for ROM lovers who love to test new ROM on their SCH-R530M.
Below are the step-by-step instructions using which you can install CM12.1 [d2mtr]. Androidbiits will not take responsibility if SCH-R530M got corrupted during the installation of CM12.1 [d2mtr]. SCH-R530M battery level must be more than 98% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12.1 [d2mtr] Custom ROM on MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530M [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download unofficial CM12.1 [d2mtr] for your phone.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for SCH-R530M.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the proper time to attach SCH-R530M with desktop.
5. It is the time to send CM12.1 [d2mtr] to SCH-R530M.
6. It is the time to switch off phone.
7. It is the proper time to unplug the USB cable from SCH-R530M.
8. It is very crucial to put SCH-R530M into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to click “wipe data/factory reset” on phone.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on phone.
11. It is the time to click “install zip from SD card” for installing CM12.1 [d2mtr] on SCH-R530M.
12. It is the time to select CyanogenMod 12.1 [d2mtr] on phone.
13. It is the time to install CM12.1 [d2mtr] on phone.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on phone.
15. It is the perfect time to click “reboot system now” on phone.
16. It is the time to wait until your S3 restarts.
After your MetroPCS S3 SCH-R530M is rebooted, you can test CM12.1 [d2mtr] on SCH-R530M. If you are experiencing difficulty while installing CM12.1 [d2mtr] on SCH-R530M, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.