Are you using Motorola XOOM MZ601? Androidbiits.com brings a tremendous news for XOOM MZ601 users. According to member Schischu, CM11 [Everest] Custom ROM is available for Motorola XOOM MZ601. Previously, I have discussed about the tutorial for updating Verizon Motorola XOOM MZ600 to KitKat 4.4.4 with the help of CyanogenMod 11.0 [Stingray]. Now the tremendous news is that XOOM MZ601 users can test CM11 [Everest]. Currently, it is not possible to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Motorola XOOM MZ601. Today, I will discuss about the step-by-step instructions for updating Motorola XOOM MZ601 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat using CM11 [Everest]. This is really a tremendous news for XOOM MZ601 users who are bored with the old firmware.
I am hoping that XOOM MZ601 owners will be able to install CM11 [Everest] effortlessly without having any difficulty after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear XOOM MZ601 user, CM11 [Everest] needs rooted MZ601, so it is necessary to root Motorola XOOM MZ601. Well, the important thing is CWM recovery installation on MZ601 before installing CM11 [Everest]. You can do all these steps after unlocking XOOM MZ601 bootloader. You may face some bugs on XOOM MZ601 after installing CM11 [Everest]. Androidbiits.com recommends that XOOM MZ601 users must save their data before installing CM11 [Everest], as there is a chance of losing all data from MZ601. The important thing is XOOM MZ601 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the step-by-step instructions using which you can install CM11 [Everest]. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if XOOM MZ601 got corrupted during the installation of CM11 [Everest]. MZ601 battery percentage must be above 92% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 [Everest] Custom ROM on Motorola XOOM MZ601 [Tutorial]
1. It is necessary to download CM11 [Everest] for your XOOM MZ601.
2. Now, it is the perfect time to download Gapps for your XOOM MZ601.
3. It is the perfect time to go to the settings of XOOM MZ601 and then you have to choose USB debugging.
4. Now, you have to attach XOOM MZ601 with your desktop with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully attached your XOOM MZ601, it is necessary to transfer CM11 [Everest] and Gapps ZIP file to MZ601 memory card.
6. Now, it is the perfect time to power off MZ601.
7. After switching off XOOM MZ601, it is necessary to remove the USB cable.
8. Now, it is the perfect time to put your XOOM MZ601 into Recovery Mode.
9. Now, it is the time to choose “wipe data/factory reset” on XOOM MZ601 screen.
10. Now, it is necessary to choose “wipe cache partition” on MZ601 screen.
11. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” option on XOOM MZ601 screen and then it is necessary to choose CM11 [Everest] and Gapps ZIP file from MZ601 SD card.
12. Now, it is the time to install CM11 [Everest] and Gapps.
13. Now, it is the time to go to the main menu of XOOM MZ601.
14. Now you have to choose “reboot system now” on XOOM MZ601 screen.
15. It is the time to wait until your XOOM MZ601 reboots.
After your XOOM MZ601 is restarted, you can test CM11 [Everest]. Dear friend, if you are experiencing any issue while installing CM11 [Everest] on MZ601, then you must share your problem with Androidbiits.com.