Androidbiits.com brings a tremendous news for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 users. According to Ziyan, Android 5.1 Lollipop ZMoD Custom ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250. In my previous post, I have written the steps for updating S3 GT-I9305 to Lollipop 5.1 using CM12.1 [Alpha 3]. Now the tremendous news is that GT-I9250 users can test ZMoD. Today, I will write the simple instructions for updating Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using ZMoD. This is really a tremendous news for GT-I9250 owners who are bored with old firmware and planning to test Lollipop 5.1 on GT-I9250. ZMoD may bring many improvements on GT-I9250.
I am expecting that Nexus GT-I9250 users will be able to install Android 5.1 via ZMoD easily without facing any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. ZMoD requires rooted GT-I9250, so it is essential to root GT-I9250 before installing ZMoD. Another crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on GT-I9250 before installing ZMoD. You can perform all these works after unlocking GT-I9250 bootloader. Don’t forget that you may experience some bugs on GT-I9250 after installing ZMoD.
Androidbiits.com recommends that GT-I9250 users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via ZMoD, as there is a chance of data loss from their GT-I9250. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you must use ZMoD on your GT-I9250. The important thing is that ZMoD will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on GT-I9250. ZMoD is released for ROM lovers who are waiting to test all features of Lollipop 5.1 on GT-I9250. ZMoD may also allow you to use your GT-I9250 smoothly.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install ZMoD. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if GT-I9250 got damaged during the installation of ZMoD. GT-I9250 battery level must be more than 98% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop ZMoD Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download ZMoD for GT-I9250.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for GT-I9250.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach nexus with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer ZMoD and Gapps to GT-I9250.
6. It is the time to switch off nexus.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from nexus.
8. It is very crucial to put your nexus into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to click “wipe data/factory reset” on nexus.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on nexus.
11. It is the time to click “install zip from SD card” for installing ZMoD on GT-I9250.
12. It is the time to choose ZMoD on GT-I9250.
13. It is the time to install ZMoD on nexus.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on GT-I9250.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on nexus.
16. It is the time to wait until nexus restarts.
After your GT-I9250 is rebooted, you can test ZMoD. If you are facing difficulty while installing ZMoD on GT-I9250, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.