Androidbiits.com brings a stunning news for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G users. According to Jiangyi, Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM build 5.1 Custom ROM is released for Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100G. In my previous post, I have posted the tutorial for updating Note GT-N7000 to Lollipop 5.1 using NightOwl [CM12.1]. Now the stunning news is that GT-I9100G users can test OmniROM build 5.1. Today, I will write the simple instructions for updating Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G to Android 5.1 Lollipop via OmniROM build 5.1. This is really a stunning news for GT-I9100G owners who are bored with old firmware and planning to test Lollipop 5.1 on GT-I9100G.
I am expecting that S2 GT-I9100G users will be able to install Android 5.1 via OmniROM build 5.1 easily without facing any issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. OmniROM build 5.1 requires rooted GT-I9100G, so it is essential to root S2 GT-I9100G before installing OmniROM build 5.1. Another crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on GT-I9100G before installing OmniROM build 5.1. Oh yes, You can do all these works after unlocking GT-I9100G bootloader.
Androidbiits.com recommends that S2 GT-I9100G users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.1 via OmniROM build 5.1, as there is a chance of data loss from their GT-I9100G. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.1, then you may try OmniROM build 5.1 on your GT-I9100G. Oh yes, the important thing is that OmniROM build 5.1 will let you enjoy Lollipop 5.1 on GT-I9100G. OmniROM build 5.1 is available for ROM lovers who are waiting to test all features of Lollipop 5.1 on GT-I9100G. It may also let you use GT-I9100G smoothly.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install OmniROM build 5.1. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if GT-I9100G got damaged during the installation of OmniROM build 5.1. GT-I9100G battery level must be more than 94% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM build 5.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download OmniROM build 5.1 for GT-I9100G.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for GT-I9100G.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach GT-I9100G with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer OmniROM build 5.1 and Gapps to GT-I9100G.
6. It is the time to power off GT-I9100G.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from GT-I9100G.
8. It is very crucial to put your GT-I9100G into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to click “wipe data/factory reset” on GT-I9100G.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on GT-I9100G.
11. It is the time to click “install zip from SD card” for installing OmniROM build 5.1 on GT-I9100G.
12. It is the time to choose OmniROM build 5.1 on GT-I9100G.
13. It is the time to install OmniROM build 5.1 on GT-I9100G.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on GT-I9100G.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on GT-I9100G.
16. It is the time to wait until GT-I9100G reboots.
After your S2 GT-I9100G is rebooted, you can test OmniROM build 5.1. If you are facing difficulty while installing OmniROM build 5.1 on GT-I9100G, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.