Androidbiits.com brings an awesome news for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 users. According to AntaresOne, Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CM12.1 [jfltexx] custom ROM is released for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505. In my previous post, I have written the instructions for updating LG Optimus 4X HD P880 to Lollipop 5.1.0 using AOSP [stable]. Now the awesome news is that GT-I9505 users can test CM12.1 [jfltexx]. I will write the step-by-step tutorial for updating Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using CM12.1 [jfltexx]. This is really an awesome news for GT-I9505 owners who are not happy with the old firmware. Well, the great thing is that CM12.1 [jfltexx] will allow you to test Lollipop 5.1 on GT-I9505.
I am hoping that S4 LTE GT-I9505 users will be able to install CM12.1 [jfltexx] easily without having any difficulty after reading the steps given in Androidbiits.com. Well, CM12.1 [jfltexx] requires rooted device, so you will have to root GT-I9505 in order to install CM12.1 [jfltexx]. If you have not rooted your GT-I9505, you must do it as soon as possible. The 2nd crucial thing is that you will have to install CWM recovery on GT-I9505. Otherwise, you will not be able to install CM12.1 [jfltexx] on your GT-I9505. I forgot to mention that you will have to unlock GT-I9505 bootloader. You must do it without wasting any time. Androidbiits.com recommends that GT-I9505 users must save their documents including audio and videos in a safe place before installing CM12.1 [jfltexx], as there is a possibility of losing all audio and videos from their GT-I9505. Oh yes, there is a possibility of experiencing some bugs on GT-I9505 after installing CM12.1 [jfltexx].
Below are the simple steps using which you can install CM12.1 [jfltexx]. Androidbiits.com will not take responsibility if GT-I9505 got damaged during this process. GT-I9505 battery percentage must be more than 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 [jfltexx] ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download CM12.1 [jfltexx] for your GT-I9505.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for your GT-I9505.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the perfect time to attach GT-I9505 with desktop.
5. It is the time to send CM12.1 [jfltexx] and Gapps to GT-I9505 SD card.
6. It is the time to switch off your GT-I9505.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from GT-I9505.
8. It is very crucial to put GT-I9505 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to tap “wipe data/factory reset” on GT-I9505.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on GT-I9505.
11. It is the proper time to choose “install zip from SD card” on GT-I9505.
12. It is the time to choose CM12.1 [jfltexx] on GT-I9505.
13. It is the time to install CM12.1 [jfltexx] on GT-I9505.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on GT-I9505.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on GT-I9505.
16. It is the perfect time to wait until GT-I9505 reboots.
After your S4 GT-I9505 is restarted, you can test CM12.1 [jfltexx]. You have done it. If you are facing any difficulty while installing CM12.1 [jfltexx], then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.