Androidbiits.com brings an amazing news for Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 users. According to XDA member infected_, Android 5.0.2 Lollipop SlimLP 1.0 ROM is released for Sony Xperia Z2 D6503. In my previous post, I have written the tutorial for updating T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 SGH-T859 to Lollipop 5.1 using AOSP 5.1.0 [p4tmo]. Now the amazing news is that D6503 owners can test SlimLP 1.0. Today, I will write the simple step-by-step instructions for updating Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via SlimLP 1.0. This is really an amazing news for Z2 D6503 owners who are bored with KitKat and waiting to test Lollipop on D6503.
I am expecting that Xperia Z2 D6503 users will be able to install Android 5.0.2 via SlimLP 1.0 rapidly without facing issue after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. Dear Z2 D6503 user, SlimLP 1.0 requires rooted D6503, so it is essential to root Z2 D6503 before installing SlimLP 1.0. Another key thing is CWM recovery installation on Z2 D6503 before installing SlimLP 1.0. Oh yes, You can perform all these works after unlocking Z2 D6503 bootloader. SlimLP 1.0 may bring some improvements on Z2 D6503. You must test SlimLP 1.0 on your Z2 D6503.
Androidbiits.com recommends that Z2 D6503 users must take a backup of their data including videos before installing Android 5.0.2 via SlimLP 1.0, as there is a chance of data loss from their Z2 D6503. If you are waiting for Lollipop 5.0.2, then you must try SlimLP 1.0. Oh yes, the important thing is that SlimLP 1.0 will let you enjoy Lollipop on Z2 D6503. SlimLP 1.0 is available for ROM lovers who are waiting to test Lollipop.
Below are the step-by-step tutorial using which you can install SlimLP 1.0. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if D6503 got corrupted during the installation of SlimLP 1.0. D6503 battery level must be more than 98% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop SlimLP 1.0 ROM on Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download SlimLP 1.0 for Z2 D6503.
2. Gapps must be downloaded for D6503.
3. It is the proper time to activate USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach Z2 D6503 with desktop.
5. It is the time to send SlimLP 1.0 to D6503.
6. It is the time to switch off Z2 D6503.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from Z2.
8. It is very crucial to put your Z2 D6503 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to click “wipe data/factory reset” on Z2 D6503.
10. It is the time to click “wipe cache partition” on Z2 D6503.
11. It is the time to click “install zip from SD card” for installing SlimLP 1.0 on D6503.
12. It is the time to select SlimLP 1.0 on D6503.
13. It is the perfect time to install SlimLP 1.0 on D6503.
14. It is the time to go to the main menu on Z2 D6503.
15. It is the time to click “reboot system now” on D6503.
16. It is the time to wait until Sony device reboots.
After your Z2 D6503 is rebooted, you can test SlimLP 1.0. If you are facing difficulty while installing SlimLP 1.0, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com.