Are you using HTC One M8? This is one of the most popular smartphone from the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer. Actually, I am also a big fan of HTC One. You can find all necessary features in this phone. If you have managed to get your hands on this smartphone, then I have some good news for you. Now you can update your HTC One M8 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM. You can take the advantage of many exciting features after installing it on your device. Androidbiits.com will post the steps to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat CM11 on HTC One M8.
If you are bored with the old firmware of your HTC One, then you must install the new custom ROM on your phone. Have you already rooted your phone? If you are planning to update your HTC One, then you must root it immediately. One thing you must remember that CMW recovery is required to be installed on your HTC One M8 before the installation process. You should note that all your messages and contact information may be deleted during this process, so you must save them carefully in other safe place. Visit the official website of HTC and download the required USB driver for HTC One M8. Then install it on your PC before connecting your phone.
Are you ready to update your HTC One M8? Well, Now I am going to post all the required steps using which you can update your HTC One M8 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM.
You must note that Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if you damage your HTC smartphone after following these steps, so try these steps at your own risk. I recommend you must check the battery level of your HTC One and charge it completely before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on HTC One M8
1. First you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM for your HTC smartphone.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for HTC One M8.
3. Now you have to connect your HTC One M8 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your HTC phone, you have to transfer the downloaded CM11 Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your HTC One M8 from your PC.
5. Remove the USB cable from your HTC One M8 and then you have to put your phone into Recovery Mode.
6. You have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu after putting your HTC phone into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” from the main menu. Then, you have to search for the CM11 Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your HTC One M8. Then, install them on your phone.
9. After successful completion of the installation process, you have to return back to the main menu and choose “reboot system now” option.
You can do other work until your phone restarts. Your HTC One M8 may take around 7 minutes to reboot. Once your phone is restarted, you can take the advantage of having CM11 custom ROM on your HTC smartphone. If you are facing any problem during the installation process, then feel free to explain your difficulty in the comment section.