Are you using LG Optimus L9? This is one of the most popular smartphone from the South Korean smartphone manufacturer. This is also one of my favorite smartphone. I must say this is an awesome phone. If you are a proud owner of LG Optimus L9, then you will be happy to know that a new custom ROM has been released for your phone. Now you can update LG Optimus L9 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM. You can experience speed improvement after installing it on your device. Androidbiits.com will post the steps to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat CM11 on LG Optimus L9. You will be able to use your Optimus L9 in a better way after installing CM11.
If your Lg phone is performing slow, then you must install this custom ROM on your smartphone. One thing you must remember you will not be able to install it without rooting your phone. If you are planning to update your LG phone, then you must root it first. Another important thing is you must note that CMW recovery is essential for this process, so you must install CMW recovery on your LG Optimus L9 before updating it.
All your data may be deleted during the update process, so you must backup all data before the installation process. Visit the official website of LG and download the required USB driver for LG Optimus L9. It is necessary for connecting your phone with PC.
Now you must be waiting to update your LG Optimus L9. Well, I am also ready to post all the steps those are necessary for updating your LG phone to CM 11 custom ROM. You must note that Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if you damage your LG Optimus L9 after following these steps, so try these steps at your own risk. I recommend you must charge your LG Optimus L9 completely before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on LG Optimus L9
1. First you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM for your LG phone.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for LG Optimus L9.
3. Now you have to connect your LG Optimus L9 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your LG phone, you have to transfer the downloaded CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your LG Optimus L9 from your PC. You have to switch off your LG Optimus after completion of the transfer process.
5. Remove the USB cable from your LG Optimus L9 and then you have to put your phone into Recovery Mode.
6. You have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu after putting your LG phone into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” from the main menu. Then, you have to search for the CM11 Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your LG Optimus L9. Then, install them on your phone.
9. Now return back to the main menu and choose “reboot system now”.
You can take a rest until your phone restarts. Your LG Optimus L9 may take around 6 minutes to reboot. Once your phone is restarted, you can take the advantage of having CM11 custom ROM on your LG smartphone. If you are facing any difficulty while updating your LG Optimus L9, then you can explain your difficulty in the comment section.