Are you running Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S II? Many people are using this Android smartphone. You can find some exciting features in this phone. If you are using Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100, then I have a piece of good news for you. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMS7 has been released for Galaxy S II. Well, I have recently posted the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to Android KitKat XXUCNE5. Now I am going to write the steps using which you can update Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMS7.
You can experience the improvement on your phone after installing Jelly Bean XXMS7. This official firmware is specially released for Samsung Galaxy S2 users who are running Android Jelly Bean. I love to play Angry Bird on the 4.3-inch screen of Galaxy S II. It also comes with a decent camera. You don’t need to install CWM recovery on Galaxy S2 before updating it to Jelly Bean XXMS7. You need to backup contacts and messages available on your Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 before following the steps. The good news is that you can easily root your Galaxy S2 after installing Jelly Bean XXMS7. My dear friend don’t forget to install Galaxy S II USB driver on your computer before connecting your phone.
You can follow the steps posted below to install Jelly Bean XXMS7 on Galaxy S2 Active. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your 4.3-inch Galaxy S2 got corrupted during the update process. Well, your Samsung Galaxy S2 battery level must be above 84% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMS7 on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
1. First you have to download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMS7 on your PC from the given link.
2. Now you have to download Odin to install Jelly Bean XXMS7 on Galaxy S2.
3. Now you have to put your 4.3-inch Galaxy S2 into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your 4.3-inch Galaxy S2.
- Press Galaxy S II volume down button and home button simultaneously.
- Press Galaxy S II Power button at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button of S2. After a few seconds, you will be able to see a warning message on your 4.3-inch Galaxy S II.
- Press Galaxy S II Power button again after viewing this warning message to put it into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your 4.3-inch Galaxy S2 with your PC via USB cable.
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your 4.3-inch Galaxy S2 with your PC.
6. Now you have to extract the ZIP file of Jelly Bean XXMS7 on your PC downloaded in STEP 1.
7. Once you have successfully extracted the ZIP file of Jelly Bean XXMS7, you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “.tar.md5″ file.
8. Now you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “modem” file.
9. Now you have to press “CSC” in Odin and choose “csc” file.
10. Press “PIT” in Odin and choose “.pit” file.
11. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Re-Partition” and “Auto-reboot” options.
You will have to wait until your 4.3-inch Galaxy S2 restarts. It may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your 4.3-inch Galaxy S2 is restarted, you can enjoy Jelly Bean XXMS7. If you are facing any difficulty while installing Jelly Bean XXMS7, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.