Are you using Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100? This is a popular smartphone of Samsung Galaxy family. It has managed to attract huge number of people. The South Korean company has used 4.3 inch screen in this device. If you are using Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, then I have some good news for you. KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM has been released for your smartphone. I have recently posted the tutorial to update HTC One M8 to KitKat InsertCoin Custom ROM. Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM.
This is really a great news for Samsung Galaxy S2 users. You can experience many exciting features after installing CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on your Galaxy S2. You can take decent quality photos using the 8 MP camera of this smartphone. If you are planning to install CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on your 4.3 inch phone, then you will have to root your Galaxy S2 first. CMW recovery need to be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 before updating it to CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM as it is not an official firmware. All your data will be deleted from your Samsung Galaxy S II during the installation process, so you must save them carefully. Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 USB driver need to be installed on your computer for successful connection between your Galaxy S2 and PC.
Are you ready to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100? Below are the steps using which you can install CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on your 4.3 inch smartphone. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your Samsung Galaxy S2 got corrupted during the installation process. The battery level of your Galaxy S2 must be above 80% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat CM11 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM for Galaxy S2.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
3. Now you have to connect your Galaxy S2 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your device, you have to transfer CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Galaxy S2 from your PC. Then, switch off your device.
5. Remove the USB cable from your Galaxy S2 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your Galaxy S2.
7. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Galaxy S2.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Samsung Galaxy S2. Then, install them on your phone.
9. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Galaxy S2 and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 restarts. It may take around 5 minutes to reboot. Once your Galaxy S2 is restarted, you can enjoy CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on your S2. If you are facing any difficulty while installing CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on your Galaxy S2, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section.