Today, Androidbiits.com will share a tremendous news with Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, GD1YQ, G5NZ6) (redfin) owners. It comes with corning gorilla glass 6 protection, USB Type-C v3.1 support, OLED display, stereo speakers, Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G processor, 4080mAh battery, 8GB RAM and wireless charging support. If you have managed to unlock bootloader of Pixel 5 GTT9Q, then you can install Magisk on it by patching its stock firmware boot image using Magisk Manager v8.0.2. According to XDA Developer topjohnwu, installing Magisk on Android smartphone will give root. So you can root Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, GD1YQ, G5NZ6) by installing Magisk. If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting Pixel 5 GTT9Q. You can use Magisk Manager v8.0.2 to patch boot image of your phone. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for unlocking bootloader of Pixel 5. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Pixel 5 GTT9Q. Magisk Manager v8.0.2 is developed by topjohnwu.
I am expecting that you will be able to root Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, GD1YQ, G5NZ6) using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v8.0.2 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, GD1YQ, G5NZ6) may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions of your phone. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROM on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, GD1YQ, G5NZ6) using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v8.0.2, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your Pixel 5 GTT9Q, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, G5NZ6). Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Magisk Manager v8.0.2. Pixel 5 GTT9Q battery must be above 84 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Google Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, GD1YQ, G5NZ6) Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock Google Pixel 5 bootloader.
2. Extract OEM provided stock firmware factory image of Google Pixel 5 (redfin) and copy stock boot image file to your desktop. You can find stock firmware using Google.
3. Download Magisk Manager v8.0.2 apk and install it on your phone.
4. Install USB driver on desktop.
5. Activate USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your phone.
6. You have to download SDK Platform Tools ZIP file.
7. Open platform tools folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
8. Attach your phone with desktop and transfer stock firmware Boot img file to your phone.
9. Start Magisk Manager v8.0.2 on Pixel 5 GTT9Q and choose Patch Boot Image File option to create the “magisk_patched” Boot Image File.
10. Select the stock boot img file that you have transferred to your phone.
11. Copy the “magisk_patched” Boot Image File from Pixel 5 to platform tools folder on your PC.
12. Remove the USB cable from your phone.
13. Turn off your phone, then press power button and volume down button simultaneously to put Google Pixel 5 GTT9Q into Fastboot mode.
14. Attach your phone with desktop
15. Inside the platform tools folder, you have to press the Shift Key and Right mouse click on your PC to open the Command Window.
16. Enter the following command:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
17. Enter the following command after the installation process is completed:
You have successfully rooted Pixel 5 (GTT9Q, GD1YQ, G5NZ6). If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting Pixel 5 using Magisk Manager v8.0.2, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Pixel 5. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in rooting your phone.