Today, Androidbiits.com will share a glorious news with Google Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200) (marlin) owners. You can use TWRP 3.4.0-0 Recovery and Magisk v21.0 to root your phone. It comes with 3.5mm audio jack, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, Bluetooth v4.2, barometer support, accelerometer sensor and fast charging support. If you have managed to unlock bootloader of Pixel XL G-2PW2100, then you can root your phone. You can install Magisk v21.0 on your phone after installing TWRP v3.4.0-0 Recovery. According to XDA Developer topjohnwu, installing Magisk on Android smartphone will give root. So you can root Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200) by installing Magisk. If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting Pixel XL G-2PW2100. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for rooting Google Pixel. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Pixel XL.
I am expecting that you will be able to root Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200) using TWRP v3.4.0-0 and Magisk v21.0 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Magisk v21.0 is developed by XDA Developer topjohnwu. Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200) may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions of your phone. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROM on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200) using TWRP v3.4.0-0 and Magisk v21.0, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your Pixel XL G-2PW2100, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200). Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Magisk v21.0. Pixel XL battery must be above 84 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Google Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200) Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock Google Pixel XL bootloader.
2. Download USB driver and install it on PC.
3. Connect your phone with PC via USB cable.
4. Download SDK Platform Tools Zip File.
5. Open platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
6. Download TWRP 3.4.0-0 Recovery img file for Pixel XL.
7. Rename “TWRP 3.4.0-0.img” to “twrp.img” and move this file to platform-tools folder.
8. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to press the Shift Key and Right mouse click on your PC to open the Command Window.
9. Enter the following command to check the connected device:
10. If your phone is successfully connected with PC, then you will be able to see a serial number.
11. Enter the following command to put Google Pixel XL into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
12. Enter the following command to check Fastboot mode:
13. If your phone is successfully entered into Fastboot mode, then you will be able to see a serial number.
14. Enter the following command to install TWRP on Pixel XL:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
15. Enter the following command after installing TWRP:
16. Download Magisk v21.0 zip file for Pixel XL.
17. Transfer Magisk v21.0 zip file to your phone from your computer.
18. Enter the following command to put Google Pixel XL into Recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
19. Tap “Install” button on your phone after entering into TWRP Recovery mode.
20. Select the Magisk v21.0 zip file that you have transferred to your phone.
21. You will be able see “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on your phone. You have to swipe using your finger.
22. Tap “Reboot” button after installing Magisk v21.0 on your phone.
You have successfully rooted Pixel XL (G-2PW2100, G-2PW2200). If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting Pixel XL using Magisk v21.0, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Pixel XL. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in rooting your phone.