Today, Androidbiits.com will share a glorious news with Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) (odessa) owners. You can use unofficial TWRP 3.4.0 Recovery and Magisk v21.1 to root your phone. It comes with 223g weight, LTPS IPS LCD display, 4K video recording support, 8-megapixel ultrawide camera, Near Field Communication support and 5000mAh battery. If you have managed to unlock bootloader of Moto G9 Plus XT2087-1, then you can root your phone. You can install Magisk v21.1 on your phone after installing TWRP v3.4.0 Recovery. According to XDA Developer topjohnwu, installing Magisk on Android smartphone will give root. So you can root Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) by installing Magisk. If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting Moto G9 Play XT2083-3. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for rooting Motorola Moto G9 Play. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Motorola Moto G9 Plus.
I am expecting that you will be able to root Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) using TWRP v3.4.0 and Magisk v21.1 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Magisk v21.1 is developed by XDA Developer topjohnwu. Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions of your phone. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROM on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) using TWRP v3.4.0 and Magisk v21.1, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your Moto G9 Plus XT2087-1, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1). Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Magisk v21.1. Moto G9 Plus battery must be above 84 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Motorola Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock Motorola Moto G9 Plus bootloader.
2. Download USB driver and install it on PC.
3. Connect your phone with PC via USB cable.
4. Download SDK Platform Tools Zip File.
5. Open platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
7. Rename “TWRP 3.4.0.img” to “twrp.img” and move this file to platform-tools folder.
8. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to press the Shift Key and Right mouse click on your PC to open the Command Window.
9. Enter the following command to check the connected device:
10. If your phone is successfully connected with PC, then you will be able to see a serial number.
11. Enter the following command to put Motorola Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
12. Enter the following command to check Fastboot mode:
13. If your phone is successfully entered into Fastboot mode, then you will be able to see a serial number.
14. Enter the following command to install TWRP on Moto G9 Plus:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
15. Enter the following command after installing TWRP:
17. Transfer Magisk v21.1 zip file to your phone from your computer.
18. Enter the following command to put Motorola Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1) into Recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
19. Tap “Install” button on your phone after entering into TWRP Recovery mode.
20. Select the Magisk v21.1 zip file that you have transferred to your phone.
21. You will be able see “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on your phone. You have to swipe using your finger.
22. Tap “Reboot” button after installing Magisk v21.1 on your phone.
You have successfully rooted Moto G9 Plus (XT2087-2, XT2087-1). If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting Moto G9 Plus using Magisk v21.1, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Moto G9 Plus. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in rooting your phone.