Today, Androidbiits.com will share a stunning news with Google Pixel Fold G9FPL (felix) owners who are trying to root their device. It comes with 1450 nits peak brightness, Google Tensor G2 processor, Mali-G710 MP7 graphics processing unit, 48MP rear camera, HDR10+ certification, optical image stabilization support and 7.6 inches display. If you have managed to unlock bootloader in Pixel Fold G9FPL, then you can install Magisk on it by patching its stock firmware boot image using Magisk v26.1. According to XDA Developer topjohnwu, installing Magisk on Android smartphone will give root. So you can root Pixel Fold G9FPL by installing Magisk. If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting Pixel Fold G9FPL. You can use Magisk v26.1 to patch boot image of your phone. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for unlocking bootloader in Google Pixel Fold. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Google Pixel Fold.
I am expecting that you will be able to root Pixel Fold G9FPL using Magisk v26.1 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Magisk v26.1 is developed by XDA Senior Recognized Developer topjohnwu. Pixel Fold G9FPL may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROMs on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting Pixel Fold G9FPL using Magisk v26.1, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your Pixel Fold G9FPL, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root Pixel Fold G9FPL. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Magisk v26.1. Pixel Fold battery must be above 96 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Pixel Fold G9FPL Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock bootloader in Google Pixel Fold.
2. Download stock firmware for Google Pixel Fold on your desktop.
3. You will find another ZIP folder after extracting the stock firmware. You have to extract this ZIP folder to get “init_boot.img” file.
5. Download and install USB driver on desktop.
6. Activate USB debugging on your phone.
7. Attach your phone with desktop and transfer Magisk v26.1 apk and “init_boot.img” file to your phone.
8. Install Magisk v26.1 apk on your phone.
9. Start Magisk v26.1 on Pixel Fold and choose “Select and Patch a File” option.
10. Select the stock “init_boot.img” file that you have transferred to your phone. Finally, you will get magisk_patched img file.
11. You have to download SDK Platform Tools ZIP file.
12. Open platform tools folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
13. Copy the magisk_patched img file from Pixel Fold to platform tools folder on your PC. You have to rename magisk_patched img file to “magisk_patched.img” file.
14. Connect your phone with PC via USB cable.
15. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to type “cmd” in the address bar and press “enter” button to open the Command Window.
16. Enter the following command to check the connected device:
17. If your device is successfully connected with PC, then you will be able to see a serial number.
18. Enter the following command to put Pixel Fold into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
19. Enter the following command to check Fastboot mode:
20. If your phone is successfully entered into Fastboot mode, then you will be able to see a serial number.
21. Enter the following command to install “magisk_patched.img” file in your Pixel Fold:
fastboot flash init_boot magisk_patched.img
22. Enter the following command after the installation process is completed:
You have successfully rooted Pixel Fold G9FPL. If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting Pixel Fold, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Pixel Fold. You must check your email to activate subscription.