Today, Androidbiits.com will share a tremendous news with Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F (r8s) owners. It comes with 8.4mm thickness, IP68 water resistant protection, aluminum frame, 12MP ultrawide camera and optical zoom support. If you have managed to unlock bootloader of S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F, then you can install Magisk on it by patching its stock firmware boot image using Magisk Manager v7.5.1. According to XDA Developer topjohnwu, installing Magisk on Android smartphone will give root. So you can root S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F by installing Magisk. If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F using patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v7.5.1. You can use Magisk Manager v7.5.1 to patch boot image of your phone. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for performing a hard reset of Huawei nova 2 plus. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S20 FE SM-G780F. Magisk Manager v7.5.1 is developed by topjohnwu.
I am expecting that you will be able to root S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v7.5.1 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROMs on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v7.5.1, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your S20 FE SM-G780F, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Patched Boot img file and Magisk Manager v7.5.1. S20 FE SM-G780F battery must be above 82 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock Samsung Galaxy S20 FE SM-G780F bootloader.
3. Download and install Odin3 v3.14.1 and 7-Zip file on PC.
4. Install USB driver on desktop for your phone.
5. Activate USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your phone.
6. Find the AP tar file after extracting the official firmware using 7-Zip.
7. Attach your phone with desktop and transfer Magisk Manager v7.5.1 apk and AP tar file to your phone.
8. Install Magisk Manager v7.5.1 on your S20 FE.
9. Start Magisk Manager v7.5.1 and choose install Magisk option on your S20 FE SM-G780F. Then you must choose “select and patch a file” option to Patch AP tar file. Simply select the AP tar file that you have transferred to your phone.
10. Copy the magisk_patched AP tar file to your desktop from your phone and.extract it using 7-Zip.
11. Find meta-data [FOLDER], boot.img, recovery.img and vbmeta.img files after extracting magisk_patched AP tar file.
12. Compress these files using 7-Zip. You will find “magisk_patched” TAR file after compressing these files.
13. Put Samsung Galaxy S20 FE SM-G780F into download mode.
14. Install “magisk_patched” TAR file on your phone via Odin v3.14.1.
15. Disconnect your phone from PC after installing “magisk_patched” TAR file.
16. Put Samsung Galaxy S20 FE SM-G780F into stock recovery mode and choose “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option. Then you have to tap “Reboot System Now” option.
17. Install Magisk Manager v7.5.1 apk again on your phone.
You have successfully rooted S20 Fan Edition SM-G780F. If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting S20 FE, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding S20 Fan Edition. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in rooting your phone.