Today, Androidbiits.com will share a stunning news with Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B (f2q) owners. You can use TWRP 3.4.0-1 Recovery and Magisk v21.1 to root your phone. According to XDA Senior Member ianmacd, Unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-1 has been released for Galaxy Z Fold2 SM-F916B. This smartphone comes with 6.9mm thickness, 12MP ultrawide camera, 7.6 inches display, optical image stabilization support and side-mounted fingerprint sensor. If you have managed to unlock bootloader of Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B (f2q), then you can root your phone. You can install Magisk v21.1 on your phone after installing TWRP v3.4.0-1 Recovery. Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for performing a hard reset of Huawei Mate SE. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G.
I am expecting that you will be able to root Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B using TWRP v3.4.0-1 and Magisk v21.1 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions of your phone. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROM on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your Galaxy Z Fold2 SM-F916B, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Magisk v21.1. Galaxy Z Fold2 battery must be above 84 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B bootloader.
2. Download and install Odin3 v3.14.1 and 7-Zip file on PC.
3. Download Unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-1 Recovery img file for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B. It is developed by XDA Senior Member ianmacd.
4. Install USB driver on desktop for your phone.
5. Rename “twrp-f2q-3.4.0-1a20_ianmacd.img” to “recovery.img”.
6. Convert “recovery.img” file to “recovery.img.tar” file format using 7-Zip.
7. Start Odin3 v3.14.1 on your computer.
8. Turn off your phone.
9. Connect your phone with computer via USB cable while pressing Volume down button and Volume up button simultaneously.
10. Release Volume down button and Volume up button after you see a Warning message on your phone. Press Volume Up button to put your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B into download mode.
11. Click “AP” button in Odin and select the “recovery.img.tar” file.
12. Click “Start” button in Odin to install TWRP 3.4.0-1 Recovery on your phone.
16. Download Magisk v21.1 zip file for Galaxy Z Fold2. It is developed by XDA Senior Recognized Developer topjohnwu.
17. Transfer Magisk v21.1 zip file to your phone from your computer.
18. Turn off your phone, then press Volume up button and power button simultaneously to put your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B into Recovery Mode.
19. Tap “Install” button on your phone after entering into TWRP Recovery mode.
20. Select the Magisk v21.1 zip file that you have transferred to your phone.
21. You will be able see “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on your phone. You have to swipe using your finger.
22. Tap “Reboot” button after installing Magisk v21.1 on your phone.
You have successfully rooted Galaxy Z Fold2 5G SM-F916B. If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting Galaxy Z Fold2 using Magisk v21.1, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Galaxy Z Fold2. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in rooting your phone.