Today, Androidbiits.com will share a glorious news with Sony Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72) owners who are trying to root their device. It comes with eye tracking support, 120Hz refresh rate, phase detection auto focus support, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection, 1B colors, high dynamic range support and 48MP rear camera. If you have managed to unlock bootloader in Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72), then you can install Magisk on it by patching its stock firmware boot image using Magisk v26.3. According to XDA Developer topjohnwu, installing Magisk on Android smartphone will give root. So you can root Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72) by installing Magisk. If you have successfully unlocked bootloader, then Androidbiits.com will help you in rooting Xperia 5 V XQ-DE54. You can use Magisk v26.3 to patch boot image. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for unlocking bootloader in Sony Xperia 5 V. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to root Sony Xperia 5 V.
I am expecting that you will be able to root Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72) using Magisk v26.3 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Magisk v26.3 is developed by XDA Senior Recognized Developer topjohnwu. Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72) may lose warranty after being rooted. This method will remove the factory restrictions. It will let you enjoy many Custom ROMs on your phone. This method will also let you enjoy many other benefits on your phone.
You must save your private documents securely including messages and contacts before rooting Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72) using Magisk v26.1, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone. If you are a big fan of Custom ROM and planning to install it on your Xperia 5 V XQ-DE54, then you must be eagerly waiting to root your phone.
Below are the steps using which you can root Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72). Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken while being rooted using Magisk v26.3. Xperia 5 V battery must be above 92 percentage before following the rooting steps. You will not be able to root your phone without unlocking its bootloader.
How to Root Sony Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72) Easily [Simple Steps]
1. First you have to unlock bootloader in Sony Xperia 5 V.
2. Download stock firmware for Sony Xperia 5 V in your desktop. You can use XperiFirm v5.6.5 to download stock firmware. You will find “init_boot_filename.sin” file after extracting the stock firmware. XperiFirm is developed by XDA Senior Member IgorEisberg.
4. Extract Sony Dump Tool zip file on your computer. Open Sony Dump Tool folder after extracting the ZIP file.
5. You have to copy “init_boot” sin file and paste it inside Sony Dump Tool folder.
6. Create a new folder inside Sony Dump Tool folder. The new folder name must be “output”.
7. Inside the Sony Dump Tool folder, you have to type “cmd” in the address bar and press “enter” button to open the Command Window.
8. Enter the following command. You must check the “filename” of “init_boot” sin file and replace it in the below command.
sony-dump output init_boot_filename.sin
9. The above command will create “boot.crt” file and “boot.000″ file inside the newly created “output” folder.
10. Open the “output” folder inside the Sony Dump Tool folder and rename “boot.000″ file to “boot.img” file.
12. Download and install USB driver on desktop.
13. Activate USB debugging on your phone.
14. Attach your phone with desktop and transfer Magisk v26.3 apk and “boot.img” file to your phone.
15. Install Magisk v26.3 apk on your phone.
16. Start Magisk v26.3 on Sony Xperia 5 V and choose “Select and Patch a File” option.
17. Select the stock “boot.img” file that you have transferred to your phone. Finally, you will get magisk_patched img file.
18. You have to download SDK Platform Tools ZIP file.
19. Open platform tools folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
20. Copy the magisk_patched img file from Sony Xperia 5 V to platform tools folder on your PC. You have to rename magisk_patched img file to “magisk_patched.img” file.
21. Connect your phone with PC via USB cable.
22. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to type “cmd” in the address bar and press “enter” button to open the Command Window.
23. Reboot to fastbootd mode using the following command:
adb reboot fastboot
24. Enter the following command to install “magisk_patched.img” file in your Sony Xperia 5 V:
fastboot flash init_boot magisk_patched.img
25. Enter the following command after the installation process is completed:
You have successfully rooted Xperia 5 V (XQ-DE54, XQ-DE72). If you are experiencing any difficulty while rooting Xperia 5 V, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Sony Xperia 5 V. You must check your email to activate subscription.