Androidbiits.com will share a simple trick with Infinix Smart 2 (X5515, X5515F, X5515I) owners who are trying to unlock bootloader of their phone. It comes with panorama support, 74.3 percent screen to body ratio, 1GB Random access memory, 138g weight, Android 8.1 Oreo operating system, high dynamic range support and 5.5 inches display. If you have recently bought Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I), then you might be planning to unlock its bootloader. As we know, bootloader is a program that starts whenever phone is turned on. It activates the Android operating system on Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I). Locked bootloader does not allow us to install custom ROM on our phone. It only loads the authorized Android OS with a digital signature. Androidbiits.com will help you in unlocking Infinix Smart 2 X5515F bootloader. You will be able to install custom ROM after unlocking bootloader. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for unlocking bootloader in Infinix Zero 6 Pro. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to unlock bootloader in Infinix Smart 2.
I am hoping that you will be able to unlock bootloader in Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I) without facing any problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Don’t forget to activate developer options. You must note that your Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I) will lose warranty after the bootloader unlock process. It will let you install Custom ROM. You must activate OEM unlock options on your phone. Bootloader unlock process will also let you install Magisk, so you will be able to root your phone after unlocking its bootloader.
If you are planning to install official and unofficial LineageOS custom ROM on Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I), then you must be eagerly waiting to unlock bootloader. You must save your important documents securely including messages and contacts before unlocking Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I) bootloader, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone during bootloader unlock process.
Below are the steps using which you can unlock bootloader in Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I). Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken during bootloader unlock process. Infinix Smart 2 battery must be above 96 percentage before bootloader unlock process. You must follow these steps at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader in Infinix Smart 2 (X5515, X5515F, X5515I) Easily [Simple Steps]
1. Tap “Settings” Menu, then you have to tap “About Phone” option.
2. Tap “Software Information” option.
3. Tap “Build number” option several times until you see “You are now a developer” on Infinix Smart 2.
4. Tap “Settings” Menu again.
5. Tap “Developer options”, then activate “USB debugging” and “OEM unlocking” option.
6. Download USB driver and install it on PC.
7. Connect Infinix Smart 2 with PC via USB cable. Tap “ALLOW” option on your phone to allow USB debugging.
8. Download SDK Platform tools Zip File.
9. Open platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
10. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to type “cmd” in the address bar and press “enter” button to open the Command Window.
11. Enter the following command to check the connected device:
12. If your device is successfully connected with PC, then you will be able to see a serial number.
13. Enter the following command to put Infinix Smart 2 into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
14. Enter the following command to check Fastboot mode:
15. If your device is successfully entered into Fastboot mode, then you have to enter the following command:
fastboot flashing unlock
16. Choose “Yes” option using Infinix Smart 2 volume up button.
17. Enter the following command after the bootloader unlock process is completed:
You have successfully unlocked bootloader in Infinix Smart 2 (X5515F, X5515I). If you are experiencing any difficulty while unlocking Infinix Smart 2 bootloader, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Infinix Smart 2. You must check your email to activate subscription.