Androidbiits.com will share a simple trick with LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM (LM-G710EM) owners who are trying to unlock bootloader of their phone. It comes with 6.1-inch display, USB Type-C v2.0 support, 8MP front facing camera, Bluetooth v5.0 support, Boombox speaker, Gorilla Glass 5 protection and quick charge v3.0 support. If you have recently bought LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM, then you might be planning to unlock its bootloader. As we know, bootloader is a program that starts whenever phone is turned on. It activates the Android operating system on LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM (LM-G710EM). Locked bootloader does not allow us to install custom ROM on our phone. It only loads the authorized Android OS with a digital signature. Androidbiits.com will help you in unlocking LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM bootloader. You will be able to install custom ROM after unlocking bootloader. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for unlocking bootloader of LG V40 ThinQ. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to unlock bootloader of LG G7 ThinQ.
I am hoping that you will be able to unlock LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM (LM-G710EM) bootloader without facing any problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Don’t forget to activate developer options. You must note that your LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM will lose warranty after the bootloader unlock process. It will let you install Custom ROM. You must activate OEM unlock options on your phone. Bootloader unlock process will also let you install Magisk, so you will be able to root your phone after unlocking its bootloader.
If you are planning to install official and unofficial LineageOS custom ROM on LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM (LM-G710EM), then you must be eagerly waiting to unlock bootloader. You must save your important documents securely including messages and contacts before unlocking LG G7 ThinQ G710EM bootloader, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone during bootloader unlock process.
Below are the steps using which you can unlock LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM bootloader. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken during bootloader unlock process. LG G7 ThinQ battery must be above 86 percentage before bootloader unlock process. You must follow these steps at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM Easily [Simple Steps]
1. Tap “Settings” Menu, then you have to tap “About Phone” option.
2. Tap “Software Information” option.
3. Tap “Build number” option several times until you see “You are now a developer” on LG G7 ThinQ.
4. Tap “Settings” Menu again.
5. Tap “Developer options”, then activate “USB debugging” and “OEM unlocking” option.
6. Type the following number on the dialer of LG G7 ThinQ to get IMEI number.
7. Download USB driver and install it on PC.
8. Connect LG G7 ThinQ with PC via USB cable.
9. Download SDK Platform tools Zip File.
10. Open platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
11. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to press the Shift Key and Right mouse click on your PC to open the Command Window.
12. Enter the following command to check the connected device:
13. If your device is successfully connected with PC, then you will be able to see a serial number.
14. Enter the following command to put LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
15. Enter the following command to get unique Device ID:
fastboot oem device-id
16. Copy the Device ID and paste it on a notepad. You must remove the space between string lines to make it one line.
17. Visit LG unlock bootloader webpage, then click “Starting Unlocking the Bootloader” option and Sign in using your Registered Email ID and Password. Type first 15 digits of IMEI number, then type Device ID of LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM and click “Confirm” button.
18. LG will send “unlock.bin” file to your Registered Email ID. You have to download this bootloader unlock Key.
19. Move “unlock.bin” file to platform-tools folder.
20. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to open the Command Window and enter the following command:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
21. Enter the following command after the bootloader unlock process is completed:
You have successfully unlocked bootloader of LG G7 ThinQ LMG710EM (LM-G710EM). If you are experiencing any difficulty while unlocking LG G7 ThinQ bootloader, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding LG G7 ThinQ. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in unlocking bootloader of your phone.