Androidbiits.com will share a simple trick with LG Velvet 5G LMG900EM (LM-G900EM) owners who are trying to unlock bootloader of their phone. It comes with 7.9mm thickness, 6.8 inches screen, rain drop camera, IP68 water resistant protection, MIL-STD-810G certification, hybrid dual SIM support and cinematic 3D arc display. If you have recently bought LG Velvet 5G LMG900EM, then you might be planning to unlock its bootloader. As we know, bootloader is a program that starts whenever phone is turned on. It activates the Android operating system on LG Velvet LMG900EM (LM-G900EM). Locked bootloader does not allow us to install custom ROM on our phone. It only loads the authorized Android OS with a digital signature. Androidbiits.com will help you in unlocking LG Velvet 5G LM-G900EM bootloader. You will be able to install custom ROM after unlocking bootloader. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for performing a hard reset of Honor 8C BKK-AL00. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to unlock bootloader of LG Velvet 5G.
I am hoping that you will be able to unlock LG Velvet LMG900EM (LM-G900EM) bootloader without facing any problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Don’t forget to activate developer options. You must note that your LG Velvet LMG900EM (LM-G900EM) will lose warranty after the bootloader unlock process. It will let you install Custom ROM. You must activate OEM unlock options on your phone. Bootloader unlock process will also let you install Magisk, so you will be able to root your phone after unlocking its bootloader.
If you are planning to install official and unofficial LineageOS custom ROM on LG Velvet LMG900EM (LM-G900EM), then you must be eagerly waiting to unlock bootloader. You must save your important documents securely including messages and contacts before unlocking LG Velvet LM-G900EM bootloader, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone during bootloader unlock process.
Below are the steps using which you can unlock LG Velvet 5G LMG900EM bootloader. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken during bootloader unlock process. LG Velvet battery must be above 86 percentage before bootloader unlock process. You must follow these steps at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG Velvet 5G LMG900EM Easily [Simple Steps]
1. Tap “Settings” Menu, then you have to tap “About Phone” option.
2. Tap “Software Information” option.
3. Tap “Build number” option several times until you see “You are now a developer” on LG Velvet.
4. Tap “Settings” Menu again.
5. Tap “Developer options”, then activate “USB debugging” and “OEM unlocking” option.
6. Type the following number on the dialer of LG Velvet to get IMEI number.
7. Download USB driver and install it on PC.
8. Connect LG Velvet with PC via USB cable.
9. Download SDK Platform tools Zip File.
10. Open platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
11. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to press the Shift Key and Right mouse click on your PC to open the Command Window.
12. Enter the following command to check the connected device:
13. If your device is successfully connected with PC, then you will be able to see a serial number.
14. Enter the following command to put LG Velvet 5G LMG900EM into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
15. Enter the following command to get unique Device ID:
fastboot oem device-id
16. Copy the Device ID and paste it on a notepad. You must remove the space between string lines to make it one line.
17. Visit LG unlock bootloader webpage, then click “Starting Unlocking the Bootloader” option and Sign in using your Registered Email ID and Password. Type first 15 digits of IMEI number, then type Device ID of LG Velvet 5G LMG900EM and click “Confirm” button.
18. LG will send “unlock.bin” file to your Registered Email ID. You have to download this bootloader unlock Key.
19. Move “unlock.bin” file to platform-tools folder.
20. Inside the platform-tools folder, you have to open the Command Window and enter the following command:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
21. Enter the following command after the bootloader unlock process is completed:
You have successfully unlocked bootloader of LG Velvet LMG900EM (LM-G900EM). If you are experiencing any difficulty while unlocking LG Velvet bootloader, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding LG Velvet. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in unlocking bootloader of your phone.