Androidbiits.com will share a simple trick with Motorola Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) owners who are trying to unlock bootloader of their phone. It comes with 5.96 inches AMOLED display and corning gorilla glass 3 protection. If you have recently bought Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100), then you might be planning to unlock its bootloader. As we know, bootloader is a program that starts whenever phone is turned on. It activates the Android operating system on Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100). Locked bootloader does not allow us to install custom ROM on our phone. It only loads the authorized Android OS with a digital signature. Androidbiits.com will help you in unlocking Nexus 6 XT1103 bootloader. You will be able to install custom ROM after unlocking bootloader. Previously, I have published the simple instructions for unlocking bootloader of Motorola Moto X Style. Now, I will discuss about the step-by-step tutorial to unlock bootloader of Nexus 6.
I am hoping that you will be able to unlock Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) bootloader without facing any problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com. Don’t forget to activate developer options. You must note that your Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) will lose warranty after the bootloader unlock process. It will let you install Custom ROM. You must activate OEM unlock options on Nexus 6 XT1103. Bootloader unlock process will also let you install Magisk, so you will be able to root your phone after unlocking its bootloader.
If you are planning to install official and unofficial LineageOS custom ROM on Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100), then you must be eagerly waiting to unlock bootloader. You must save your important documents securely including messages and contacts before unlocking Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) bootloader, because there is a possibility of losing all documents from your phone during bootloader unlock process.
Below are the steps using which you can unlock Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) bootloader. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your phone got broken during bootloader unlock process. Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) battery must be above 86 percentage before bootloader unlock process. You must follow these steps at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Motorola Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) Easily [Simple Steps]
1. Tap “Settings” Menu, then you have to tap “About Phone” option.
2. Tap “Software Information” option.
3. Tap “Build number” option several times until you see “You are now a developer” on Nexus 6.
4. Tap “Settings” Menu again.
5. Tap “Developer options”, then activate “USB debugging” and “OEM unlocking” option.
6. Turn off your phone, then press Power button and Volume down button simultaneously to put Nexus 6 into fastboot mode.
7. Download Nexus 6 USB driver and install it on PC.
8. Download SDK platform tools r30.0.4 ZIP file.
9. Open SDK platform tools folder on your PC after extracting the ZIP file.
10. Connect your phone with PC via USB cable.
11. Inside the SDK platform tools folder, you have to press the Shift Key and Right mouse click on your PC to open the Command Window.
12. Enter the following command after opening the Command Window:
fastboot oem unlock
13. Wait for a few minutes and enter the following command in the Command Window :
You have successfully unlocked bootloader of Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100). If you are experiencing any difficulty while unlocking Nexus 6 (XT1103, XT1100) bootloader, then don’t hesitate to share your issue with Androidbiits.com. Please submit your email address and subscribe to get more information regarding Nexus 6. You must check your email to activate subscription. I’ll help you in unlocking bootloader of your phone.