Are you using Acer Iconia Tab A500? Androidbiits.com brings a glorious news for Iconia Tab A500 users. According to nelsontky, Android 4.4.4 KitKat OmniRom Light v2 [OmniLight] Custom ROM is available for Acer Iconia Tab A500. Previously, I have posted the tutorial for updating Acer Iconia Tab A510 to KitKat 4.4.4 via OmniROM [4.4.4]. Now the glorious news is that Iconia A500 users can try OmniLight v2 on their A500. Today, I will post the instructions for updating Acer Iconia Tab A500 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat using OmniLight v2. This is a glorious news for Iconia A500 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am expecting that Acer Iconia A500 owners will be able to install OmniLight v2 easily without having any difficulty after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear Iconia A500 user, OmniLight v2 requires rooted Iconia A500, so it is necessary to root Acer Iconia Tab A500. Oh yes, the crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on Iconia A500. My dear friend, you can do all these works after unlocking Iconia A500 bootloader. Dear A500 user, you may face several bugs on Iconia A500 after installing OmniLight v2. Androidbiits.com recommends that Iconia A500 owners must take a backup of their important files before installing OmniLight v2, as there is a possibility of losing all files from Iconia A500. Oh yes, the crucial thing is Iconia A500 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install OmniLight v2. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if Iconia A500 got corrupted during this process. A500 battery level must be more than 92% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat OmniRom Light v2 Custom ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A500 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download OmniLight v2 for Acer Iconia A500.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for Iconia A500.
3. Simply, go to the settings of your Iconia A500 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach your Iconia A500 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected Iconia A500, you must transfer OmniLight v2 and Gapps ZIP file to A500 memory card.
6. After transferring OmniLight v2 and Gapps, you have to switch off A500.
7. After switching off Iconia A500, simply remove your USB cable from your A500.
8. Now you have to put Iconia A500 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting your Iconia A500 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from A500 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on A500.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on your Iconia A500 screen and then search for OmniLight v2 and Gapps ZIP file from A500 memory card.
12. Simply install OmniLight v2 and Gapps on A500.
13. After installing Gapps and OmniLight v2, you must go to your Iconia A500 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until A500 reboots.
After your Iconia A500 is rebooted, you can test OmniLight v2. Dear A500 user, if you are having any difficulty while installing OmniLight v2 on your A500, then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.