Are you using Amazon Kindle Fire 2? Androidbiits.com brings an exciting news for Kindle Fire 2 users. According to obsolete1, Android 4.4.4 KitKat SlimKat [v8.0] Custom ROM is now available for Amazon Kindle Fire 2. Previously, I have posted the steps for updating Amazon Kindle Fire to KitKat 4.4.4 via AICP V5.0. Now the exciting news is that Kindle Fire 2 owners can try SlimKat [v8.0]. Today, I will write the steps for updating Amazon Kindle Fire 2 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat SlimKat [v8.0]. This is an exciting news for Kindle Fire 2 owners who are bored with the old firmware and waiting to test KitKat on their Android device.
I am hoping that Kindle Fire 2 owners will be able to install SlimKat [v8.0] easily without facing any difficulty after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dear Kindle Fire 2 user, SlimKat [v8.0] needs rooted Kindle Fire 2, so it is necessary to root Amazon Kindle Fire 2. My dear friend, the essential thing is CWM recovery installation on Kindle Fire 2. Well, you can do all these works only after unlocking Kindle Fire 2 bootloader. Oh yes, you may face some bugs after installing SlimKat [v8.0]. Androidbiits.com recommends that Kindle Fire 2 users must take a backup of their personal files before installing SlimKat [v8.0], as there is a possibility of losing all files from Kindle Fire 2. Oh yes, the most essential thing is Kindle Fire 2 USB driver installation on your desktop.
Below are the steps using which you can install SlimKat [v8.0]. Androidbiits will not be responsible if Kindle Fire 2 got corrupted during the installation process. Kindle Fire 2 battery percentage must be above 77% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat SlimKat [v8.0] Custom ROM on Amazon Kindle Fire 2 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download SlimKat [v8.0] for Amazon Kindle Fire 2.
2. Now you need to download Gapps for Kindle Fire 2.
3. Simply, go to the settings of your Kindle Fire 2 and then you must tap USB debugging option.
4. After activating it, you have to attach your Kindle Fire 2 with your PC with the help of USB cable.
5. Once you have successfully connected Kindle Fire 2, you must transfer SlimKat [v8.0] and Gapps ZIP file to Fire 2 memory card.
6. After transferring SlimKat [v8.0] and Gapps, you have to switch off Kindle Fire 2.
7. After switching off your Kindle Fire 2, simply remove the USB cable connection from Kindle Fire 2.
8. Now you have to put Kindle Fire 2 into Recovery Mode.
9. After putting Kindle Fire 2 into Recovery Mode, you have to activate “wipe data/factory reset” option from Fire 2 main menu.
10. Now you must select “wipe cache partition” option on your Kindle Fire 2.
11. Now you must select “install zip from SD card” option on your Kindle Fire 2 screen and then search for SlimKat 8.0 and Gapps ZIP file from Fire 2 memory card.
12. Simply install SlimKat [v8.0] and Gapps on Kindle Fire 2.
13. After installing Gapps and SlimKat [v8.0], you must go to Kindle Fire 2 main menu and select “reboot system now” option.
14. Now you have to wait until Kindle Fire 2 reboots.
After your Kindle Fire 2 is rebooted, you can test SlimKat [v8.0]. Dear friend, if you are experiencing any difficulty while installing SlimKat [v8.0], then you can share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.