Are you waiting to enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505? If your answer is YES, then Androidbiits.com will guide you in installing Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. Today, I will talk about CyanogenMod 12 ROM that is specially designed for S4 LTE GT-I9505. I have recently posted the tutorial for installing Android 5.0 Lollipop AOSP ROM on Sony Xperia Z Ultra. Now it is time for S4 GT-I9505 users. I am going to write the step-by-step instructions using which you can update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android 5.0 Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12. This is a pretty good news for S4 GT-I9505 owners who are bored with the old firmware.
I am expecting that you will be able to install the new CyanogenMod 12 ROM on your S4 LTE GT-I9505 without experiencing any issue after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. CM12 is a popular Custom ROM available for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. Dear S4 user, you need to root S4 GT-I9505 in order to install CM12. Oh yes, CWM recovery is also needed to be installed on S4 GT-I9505 before updating it to Android 5.0 Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12. Dear S4 GT-I9505 user, you must save your documents in a safe place before updating your S4 GT-I9505 to Android 5.0 Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12. Oh yes, you must install S4 GT-I9505 USB driver on your Windows PC for successful connection between your S4 GT-I9505 and computer. Otherwise, your LTE variant of S4 will not be recognized by your personal computer.
Below are the steps using which you can install Android 5.0 Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12 on S4 GT-I9505. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if S4 GT-I9505 got corrupted while being updated to Android 5.0 via CyanogenMod 12. S4 GT-I9505 battery level must be above 52% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 ROM for your S4 GT-I9505.
2. Now you have to download Gapps for S4 GT-I9505.
2. Go to the settings of your S4 GT-I9505 and enable USB debugging.
3. Now you have to connect your S4 GT-I9505 with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your S4 GT-I9505, you need to transfer Gapps and AOSP ROM ZIP file to the SD card of your S4 GT-I9505. Then, switch it off.
5. Remove the USB cable from your S4 GT-I9505 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from S4 GT-I9505 main menu.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on S4 GT-I9505.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on your S4 GT-I9505 and then search for Gapps and CyanogenMod 12 ZIP file from the SD card of your S4 GT-I9505. Then, install them.
9. Now you have to return to the main menu of your S4 GT-I9505 and choose “reboot system now” option.
Now you will need to wait until your S4 GT-I9505 restarts. You can drink a glass of milk until your S4 GT-I9505 restarts. Once it is restarted, you can enjoy Lollipop CM12 ROM on your S4 GT-I9505. If you are facing any difficulty while installing CM12, then you can share your problem with Androidbiits via the comment section. Androidbiits.com will try to solve your CM12 installation problem. [Source: XDA]