Are you wondering how to install a Custom ROM on your Google Nexus 4? Don’t worry, My dear friend, Androidbiits.com will help you in installing a new Custom ROM on your Google Nexus 4. Today, I will talk about Dirty Unicorn Custom ROM that is specially designed for Google Nexus 4. I have recently posted the tutorial for updating Google Nexus 7 2013 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat CleanROM. Now I am going to write the step-by-step instructions using which you can update Google Nexus 4 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat Dirty Unicorn. This is a pretty good news for Google Nexus 4 owners.
I am expecting that you will be able to install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Dirty Unicorn on Google Nexus 4 without facing any difficulty after reading the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. Dirty Unicorn is a popular Custom ROM available for Google Nexus 4. You need to root Google Nexus 4 in order to install Dirty Unicorn. CWM recovery is also needed to be installed on Nexus 4 before updating it to Dirty Unicorn. You must save your data in a safe place before updating your Google Nexus 4 to Dirty Unicorn. Otherwise, you may lose all your data available on Nexus 4 after installing Dirty Unicorn. You must install Google Nexus 4 USB driver on your PC for successful connection between your Nexus 4 and computer. Otherwise, your Google Nexus 4 will not be recognized by your personal computer.
Below are the steps using which you can install Dirty Unicorn. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your Google Nexus 4 got corrupted during the installation process. Nexus 4 battery level must be above 94% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat Dirty Unicorn Custom ROM on Google Nexus 4
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.4 KitKat Dirty Unicorn Custom ROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your Google Nexus 4.
3. Go to the settings of your Google Nexus 4 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Google Nexus 4 with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Google Nexus 4, you need to transfer Android 4.4.4 KitKat Dirty Unicorn ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Nexus 4. Then, turn it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Nexus 4 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for Android 4.4.4 KitKat Dirty Unicorn Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your Nexus 4. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Google Nexus 4 and choose “reboot system now” option.
Oh Yes, You have done it. Dear friend now you will have to wait until your Google Nexus 4 restarts. You can have a glass of water until it restarts. Once it is restarted, you can enjoy Dirty Unicorn. In this way you can install Dirty Unicorn. If you are facing any difficulty while installing Dirty Unicorn, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.