Are you planning to test Android 5.0 Lollipop on your HTC Explorer? Androidbiits.com brings a superb news for HTC Explorer owners. Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2 Custom ROM has been released for HTC Explorer. Previously, I published the steps for installing SuperXE Intact AOSP on HTC One M7. Now the superb news is that HTC Explorer owners can also enjoy Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2. Androidbiits.com is going to post the steps for updating HTC Explorer to Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2 ROM. It is really a superb news for HTC Explorer owners who are waiting for it.
I am hoping that HTC Explorer owners will be able to install CM12 Alpha-2 ROM on Explorer easily without having any issue after reading the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. CM12 Alpha-2 is released only for HTC Explorer. I forgot to write that Explorer owners will have to root HTC Explorer in order to install CM12 Alpha-2. Important thing is that CWM recovery must be installed on HTC Explorer before installing Lollipop on it. Dear Explorer owner, you may loose all data from Explorer. So you must save your data in a proper place before updating Explorer to Lollipop via CM12 Alpha-2. Dear Explorer owner, you must install HTC Explorer USB driver on your PC before attaching it. Otherwise, Explorer will be unrecognized by your PC.
Below are the steps using which you can install Lollipop via CM12 Alpha-2. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if Explorer got damaged while being updated to Android 5.0 via CM12 Alpha-2. Explorer battery level must be above 68% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2 Custom ROM on HTC Explorer [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2 Custom ROM for HTC Explorer.
2. Now you have to flash boot.img on your HTC Explorer via fastboot. You can find boot.img inside the CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2 Custom ROM Zip file.
2. Go to the settings of your Explorer and enable USB debugging.
3. Now you have to connect HTC Explorer with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting HTC Explorer, you need to transfer CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2 ZIP file to the SD card of Explorer. Then, switch it off.
5. Remove the USB cable from HTC Explorer and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from HTC Explorer main menu.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on HTC Explorer.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on HTC Explorer and then search for CyanogenMod 12 Alpha-2 ZIP file from the memory card of Explorer. Then, install them.
9. Now you have to return to the main menu of HTC Explorer and choose “reboot system now” option.
Now you have to wait until your Explorer reboots. Dear friend, you can watch Fast & Furious movie trailer until your Explorer HD reboots. Once it is rebooted, you can enjoy Lollipop on HTC Explorer via CM12 Alpha-2. If you are having any issue while installing CM12 Alpha-2, then you can share your problem with Androidbiits.com.