Are you using HTC Desire HD? This is one of the most popular smartphones from HTC. The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer has added 4.3 inch display in this device. This is specially designed for HD smartphone lovers. I have some good news for HTC Desire HD users. Xperia KitKat Custom ROM has been released for your Desire HD. I have recently published the steps for updating HTC One M8 to Android KitKat BoneStock Custom ROM. Now you can update HTC Desire HD to Android Xperia KitKat Custom ROM.
This is really a great news for HTC Desire HD users. You can enjoy many exciting features after installing Xperia KitKat Custom ROM on your phone. The Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer has added 8MP camera in this phone that provides an awesome photography experience. You will have to root your HTC Desire HD in order to install Xperia KitKat Custom ROM. You must install CWM recovery on HTC Desire HD before updating it. I recommend you must backup all contacts and other data available on your Desire HD before the installation process. HTC Desire HD USB driver need to be installed on your PC for successful connection between your Desire HD and computer.
You can follow the steps posted below to install Xperia KitKat Custom ROM on your Desire HD. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your HTC Desire HD got corrupted during the installation process. The battery level of your Desire HD must be above 85% before following these steps.
How to Update HTC Desire HD to Android 4.4.2 Xperia KitKat Custom ROM
1. First, you have to download Android 4.4.2 Xperia KitKat Custom ROM.
2. Download Google Apps package for your HTC Desire HD.
3. Go to the setting of HTC Desire HD and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Desire HD with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your device, you have to transfer Xperia KitKat Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Desire HD from your PC. Then, switch off your HD phone.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Desire HD and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your Desire HD.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your Desire HD.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for Xperia KitKat Custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your HTC Desire HD. Then, install them on your HD phone.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Desire HD and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your HTC Desire HD restarts. It may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your Desire HD is restarted, you can enjoy Xperia KitKat Custom ROM. If you are facing any difficulty while installing Xperia KitKat on your Desire HD, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section.