If you are a big fan of HTC smartphones, then you must have heard about HTC One M8. It is one of the most popular smartphones available in the market. If you are using HTC One M8, then you will be happy to know that BoneStock custom ROM has been released for your smartphone. I have recently posted some steps to update this smartphone to KitKat CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM. Now you can update HTC One M8 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat BoneStock custom ROM. You can experience many exciting features after installing KitKat BoneStock custom ROM on your HTC One M8.
I am a big fan of racing games, so I love to play Raging Thunder on the 5.0 inch screen of HTC One. It provides a great experience. The good thing about this smartphone is that it comes with 4 MP camera that allows users to take decent quality photos. If you have decided to install the new custom ROM on your HTC One M8, then you must root your phone first. As it is not an official firmware, so you will have to install CMW recovery on your 5-inch HTC One. All data will be deleted during the update process, so you must back up all your data before following the steps. Have you already installed HTC One M8 USB driver on your PC? If you will not install it on your PC, then your HTC One M8 will not be recognized by your computer.
Now you must be desperately waiting to install BoneStock custom ROM on your 5.0 inch smartphone. Below are the steps using which you can update your HTC One M8 to BoneStock custom ROM. You must note that Androidbiits will not be responsible if your HTC One M8 got damaged after following this tutorial. The battery level of your 5.0 inch smartphone must be above 90% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat BoneStock Custom ROM on HTC One M8
1. First you have to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat BoneStock Custom ROM.
2. Now you have to download Google Apps package for your 5.0 inch smartphone.
3. Now you have to connect your 5.0 inch smartphone with your PC via USB cable.
4. After connecting your HTC One M8, you have to transfer the downloaded KitKat BoneStock custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your HTC One M8 from your PC. You have to switch off your 5.0 inch smartphone after completion of the transfer process.
5. Remove the USB cable from your HTC One M8 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
6. You have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu after putting your 5.0 inch smartphone into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your 5.0 inch smartphone.
8. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” from the main menu of your tab. Then, search for the KitKat BoneStock custom ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package from the SD card of your 5.0 inch smartphone. Then, install them on your phone.
9. Now you have to return back to the main menu of your 5.0 inch smartphone and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your 5.0 inch smartphone restarts. Your HTC One M8 may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your 5.0 inch smartphone is restarted, you can enjoy KitKat BoneStock Custom ROM on your HTC One M8. If you are facing any difficulty while installing KitKat BoneStock on your 5.0 inch smartphone, then you can write your difficulty in the comment section.