Androidbiits.com brings an amazing news for LG Google Nexus 5 D820 users. Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D factory image is now available for Nexus 5 D820. Previously, I have discussed about the tutorial for updating Nexus 4 E960 to Lollipop 5.1 [Unofficial Build] with the help of a ROM. Now the amazing news is that Nexus 5 D820 users can test Android 5.1 LMY47D Factory Image. Today, I will discuss about the step-by-step instructions for updating LG Google Nexus 5 D820 to Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D. This is really an amazing news for Nexus 5 D820 users who are waiting for the new version of Lollipop.
I am hoping that Nexus 5 D820 owners will be able to install Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Factory Image easily without having any difficulty after following the steps posted in Androidbiits.com. It may bring some improvements on D820. Oh yes, the crucial thing is Fastboot installation on your desktop before installing Lollipop LMY47D. Well, the pretty good news is that you can easily root Nexus 5 D820 after installing Lollipop LMY47D. Androidbiits.com recommends that D820 users must save their data including contacts and messages in a secure place before installing Lollipop LMY47D, as there is a chance of losing all data.
Below are the step-by-step instructions using which you can install Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Factory Image on D820. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if D820 got broken during the installation of Lollipop LMY47D. D820 battery level must be more than 92% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Factory Image on LG Google Nexus 5 D820 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D for your D820.
2. Now, it is necessary to attach D820 with your desktop.
3. Now, it is necessary to switch off D820.
4. Now, it is the time to put your D820 into Fastboot mode using these steps:
- It is necessary to press D820 volume down key and volume up key simultaneously.
- It is necessary to press Nexus 5 D820 Power key at the same time while pressing the volume down key and volume up key.
- It is necessary to switch on your D820 while pressing and holding all the above keys to put D820 into Fastboot mode.
5. Now, it is necessary to extract Lollipop 5.1 on your desktop.
6. Once you have successfully extracted Lollipop 5.1, it is essential to copy all files from “hammerhead-LMY47D” folder.
7. Once you have successfully copied all files from “hammerhead-LMY47D” folder, it is essential to paste them in the Fastboot directory.
8. If you are a proud owner of Windows PC, then it is necessary to select “flash-all.bat” file to install Lollipop 5.1 on D820.
9. If you are a proud owner of Linux PC, then it is necessary to select “flash-all.sh” file to install Lollipop 5.1 on D820.
10. If you are a proud owner of Mac, then then it is necessary to click on “flash-all.sh” file to install Lollipop 5.1 on D820 with the help of Terminal.
11. Now, it is necessary to wait until D820 reboots.
After your Nexus 5 D820 is restarted, you can test Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Factory Image. Dear friend, if you are experiencing any issue while installing Lollipop LMY47D on D820, then you can share your problem with Androidbiits.com.