Are you using Google Nexus 5? Androidbiits.com brings a tremendous news for Google Nexus 5 owners. Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead [LRX22C] Custom ROM has been released for Google Nexus 5. Previously, I published the steps for installing AOSP RC2 (V5) on Sony Xperia Acro S LT26w. Now the tremendous news is that Nexus 5 owners can also enjoy Lollipop via CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead. Androidbiits.com is going to write the steps for updating Nexus 5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead Custom ROM. It is really a tremendous news for Nexus 5 D821 owners who are waiting for it.
I am hoping that Google Nexus 5 owners will be able to install CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead on Nexus 5 easily without having any problem after reading the tutorial posted in Androidbiits.com. CM12 Hammerhead is available only for Google Nexus 5. I forgot to say that Nexus 5 owners will have to root Nexus 5 in order to install CM12 Hammerhead. Google Nexus 5 needs CWM recovery installation before being updated to CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead. Androidbiits.com recommends that Nexus 5 owners must save their important data in a proper place before updating their Nexus 5. Well, you must install Google Nexus 5 D821 USB driver on your PC for before connecting Nexus 5 D821 with it. Otherwise, your PC will not be able to recognize Nexus 5. I don’t need to say anything about the popularity of Nexus 5 D821. It has managed to attract almost all generation people. Now CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead will allow Nexus 5 users to enjoy Lollipop.
Below are the steps using which you can install Lollipop via CM12 Hammerhead. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if Nexus 5 got damaged while being updated to Android 5.0 via CM12 Hammerhead. Nexus 5 battery level must be above 78% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead Custom ROM on Nexus 5 [Tutorial]
1. First, you have to download CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead Custom ROM for Google Nexus 5.
2. Now you have to download Gapps for Nexus 5.
3. Go to the settings of your Google Nexus 5 and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your Google Nexus 5 with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Google Nexus 5, you need to transfer CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead ZIP file and Gapps to the SD card of Nexus 5. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your Google Nexus 5 and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from Google Nexus 5 main menu.
8. Now you have to choose “wipe cache partition” option on Google Nexus 5.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” on your Google Nexus 5 and then search for CyanogenMod 12 Hammerhead ZIP file and Gapps from the memory card of Nexus 5. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your Nexus 5 and choose “reboot system now” option.
11. Now you have to wait until your Google Nexus 5 reboots. You can take some rest until your Nexus 5 reboots.
That’s it. In this way, you can enjoy Lollipop on Nexus 5 via CM12 Unofficial Hammerhead [LRX22C] ROM. If you are experiencing any difficulty while installing CM12 Hammerhead, then you can share your issue with Androidbiits.com.