Have you managed to get your hands on Samsung Galaxy S? It is one of the hottest smartphones available in the market. If you are wondering how to root Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, then you are reading the correct webpage. Androidbiits.com will provide all rooting tips for your Galaxy S. My dear friend I will help you in rooting Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 with the help of CF-Auto-Root. I have recently published the tutorial for rooting Sony Xperia Z2. Now I am going to write the steps using which you can root Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
I am hoping that you will be able to root your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 easily after reading the steps posted in androidbiits.com. The great thing about rooting is that it will allow you to enjoy Custom ROMs on your Galaxy S. It will also allow you to take the advantage of many other benefits on your Galaxy S. My dear friend you must take a backup of your personal files available on your Galaxy S before rooting it. Well, Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 USB driver is needed to be installed on your computer before connecting your Galaxy S with it.
Below are the steps using which you can root Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your Galaxy S GT-I9000 got damaged during the rooting process. You should note that the following steps are only for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXJVU. Your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 battery level must be above 84% before following these steps.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread XXJVU
1. First, you have to download CF-Auto-Root for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 on your PC.
2. Now you have to download Odin to root your Galaxy S.
3. Now you have to put your Galaxy S GT-I9000 into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your Galaxy S GT-I9000.
- Press Galaxy S volume down button and home button simultaneously.
- Press Galaxy S Power button at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button of your GT-I9000.
- Press Galaxy S Power button again after viewing a warning message to put it into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your Galaxy S GT-I9000 with your PC via USB cable.
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your Galaxy S with your PC.
6. Now you need to extract the ZIP file of Galaxy S CF-Auto-Root on your computer downloaded in STEP 1.
7. Once you have successfully extracted the Galaxy S CF-Auto-Root ZIP file, you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “.tar.md5″ file.
8. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Re-Partition” and “Auto-reboot” options.
Congrats, you have done it. Now you will have to wait until your 4-inch Galaxy S restarts. This device may take around 5 minutes to reboot. Once your Galaxy S GT-I9000 is restarted, you enjoy Custom ROMs. In this way, you can root Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. If you are facing any difficulty while rooting Galaxy S, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.