Have you managed to get your hands on Sony Xperia Z2? It is one of the hottest smartphones from the Japanese giant. If you are wondering how to root Sony Xperia Z2, then you are browsing the perfect website. Dear friend, Androidbiits.com will provide all rooting tips for your Xperia Z2. Today, I will talk about the rooting process of Sony Xperia Z2 with the help of CF-Auto-Root. Recently, I have posted the step-by-step instructions for rooting Samsung Galaxy S4. Now I am going to write the step-by-step instructions using which you can root Sony Xperia Z2 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
I am expecting that you will be able to root your Sony Xperia Z2 easily after reading the steps posted in androidbiits.com. Rooting will allow you to enjoy Custom ROMs on your Xperia Z2. You will also be able to take the advantage of many other benefits after rooting your Xperia Z2. You must save your personal files including messages, and contacts available on your Xperia Z2 before rooting it. Oh yes, Sony Xperia Z2 USB driver is needed to be installed on your personal computer before connecting your Z2 with it.
Below are the steps using which you can root Sony Xperia Z2. Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your 5.2-inch Xperia Z2 got damaged during the rooting process. I forgot to mention that your 5.2-inch Xperia Z2 battery level must be above 92% before following these steps. My dear friend the following steps are only for Sony Xperia Z2 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Steps to Root Sony Xperia Z2 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
1. First, you have to download CF-Auto-Root for Sony Xperia Z2 on your PC.
2. Now you have to download Odin to root your 5.2-inch Xperia Z2.
3. Now you have to put your 5.2-inch Xperia Z2 into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your Xperia Z2.
- Press Xperia Z2 volume down button and home button simultaneously.
- Press Xperia Z2 Power button at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button of Z2. You will see a warning message on your 5.2-inch Sony phone after some time.
- Press Xperia Z2 Power button again after viewing this warning message to put it into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your 5.2-inch Xperia Z2 with your PC via USB cable.
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your Xperia Z2 with your PC.
6. Now you need to extract the ZIP file of Xperia Z2 CF-Auto-Root on your computer downloaded in STEP 1.
7. Once you have successfully extracted the Xperia Z2 CF-Auto-Root ZIP file, you have to press “PDA” in Odin and
choose “.tar.md5″ file.
8. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Re-Partition” and “Auto-reboot” options.
Oh yes, you have done it. Now you will have to wait until your 5.2-inch Xperia Z2 restarts. It may take around 5 minutes to reboot. Once your Z2 is restarted, you enjoy Custom ROMs on Sony device. In this way, you can root Sony Xperia Z2. If you are facing any difficulty while rooting Xperia Z2, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.