If you are a big fan of Samsung smartphones, then I don’t need to say anything about Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. It is one of the hottest smartphones from the South Korean giant. If you are wondering how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, then you are visiting the correct website. Androidbiits.com will provide all rooting tips for your Galaxy S4. Today, I will talk about the rooting process of Galaxy S4 with the help of Philz Touch Recovery. In the previous post, I have published the steps for rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Now I am going to write the steps using which you can root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
You can easily root your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 without facing any issue after reading the steps posted in androidbiits.com. Rooting will let you enjoy Custom ROMs and root apps on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. You can also take the advantage of many other benefits after rooting your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. Oh yes, you must backup your personal files including contacts and photos available on your S4 GT-I9500 before rooting it. The most essential thing is Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 USB driver that is needed to be installed on your PC before connecting your Galaxy S4.
Below are the steps using which you can root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. Oh Yes, you must note that Androidbiits.com will not be responsible if your 5-inch Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 got damaged during the rooting process. Another important thing is that your 5-inch Galaxy S4 battery level must be above 82% before following these steps. I forgot to mention that the following steps are only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
1. First, you have to download Philz Touch Recovery tool for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on your PC.
2. Now you have to download Odin to root your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
3. Now you have to put your 5-inch Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your 5-inch phone.
- Press Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 volume down button and home button simultaneously.
- Press 5-inch Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Power button at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button of Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. You will see a warning message on your 5-inch S4 after some time.
- Press Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Power button again after viewing this warning message to put it into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your 5-inch Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with your PC via USB cable.
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with your PC.
6. Now you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “.tar.md5″ file.
7. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Re-Partition” and “Auto-reboot” options.
Yes, Finally you have completed all the steps successfully. Now you will have to wait until your 5-inch Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 restarts. It may take around 5 minutes to reboot. Once your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is restarted, you can install Custom ROM on 5-inch Galaxy S4. In this way, you can root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. If you are facing any difficulty while rooting Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.