Have you recently bought Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F? I will say it is the hottest smartphone manufactured by the South Korean giant. I love this phone very much. My friend has recently bought it. If you have managed to get your hands on it, then you might be planning to root this phone. But, the BIG question is how to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. Well, Don’t worry my dear friend. I will help you in rooting your smartphone. Recently, I have posted the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy S5 to Shohat ROM. Rooting is essential to install this Custom ROM. Today, I am going to write the steps using which you can root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Yes, you can do it easily. I am a big fan of root games. Rooting is essential in order to install these games. So, I always love to root Android smartphones. You will enjoy many benefits after rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5. It will allow you to install root apps on your phone. Another important thing is that you will be able to install Custom ROMs on your Galaxy S5 after rooting it. You don’t need to install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5 before rooting it. Dear friend you must backup your contacts available on your Galaxy S5 before rooting it. The key thing is Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F USB driver that is needed to be installed on your computer before connecting your phone.
You can follow the steps posted below to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your 5.1-inch S5 got corrupted during the rooting process. Well, your Samsung S5 battery level must be above 98% before following these steps. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F running Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat
1. First you have to download CF-Auto-Root for Samsung Galaxy S5 on your PC.
2. Now you have to download Odin to root your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5.
3. Now you have to put your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5 into download mode using these steps:
- Turn off your Samsung S5.
- Press 5.1-inch Galaxy S5 volume down button and home button simultaneously.
- Press Samsung S5 Power button at the same time while pressing the Home button and volume down button of S5. You will see a warning message on your S5 after some time.
- Press Samsung S5 Power button again after viewing this warning message to put it into download mode.
4. Launch Odin on your PC and connect your Samsung S5 with your PC via USB cable.
5. You can see a message in the bottom left corner of Odin after connecting your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5 with your PC.
6. Now you have to extract the ZIP file of CF-Auto-Root on your PC downloaded in STEP 1.
7. Once you have successfully extracted the ZIP file of CF-Auto-Root, you have to press “PDA” in Odin and choose “.tar.md5″ file.
8. Now you have to press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Re-Partition” and “Auto-reboot” options.
You will have to wait until your 5.1-inch Galaxy S5 restarts. It may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F is restarted, you can enjoy all the benefits of rooting. In this way, you can root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. If you are facing any difficulty while rooting Galaxy S5, then you can share your difficulty with me in the comment section below.