If you are an Android smartphone lover, then I don’t need to say anything about Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. It is the hottest smartphone of the Galaxy family. The South Korean company has done a good job by launching this Android smartphone. If you are planning to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 to Custom ROM, then I am here to help you. Today, I am going to talk about Shohat ROM that is specially designed for Galaxy S5. In the previous article, I have posted the steps for updating Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE to Android KitKat Omega Custom ROM. Now I am going to write the steps using which you can update Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Shohat ROM.
Shohat is one of the most popular Custom ROMs. You can enjoy several new features on your Galaxy S5 after installing Shohat. This is a pretty great news for Galaxy S5 users who are not satisfied with the official firmware. Well, you need to root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F in order to install Shohat. CWM recovery also need to be installed on Galaxy S5 before updating it to Shohat. You will have to backup your contacts available on your Galaxy S5 before updating it to Shohat ROM. Another key thing is Samsung Galaxy S5 USB driver that is need to be installed on your PC for successful connection between your Galaxy S5 and computer.
Below are the steps using which you can install Shohat ROM on your 5.1 inch phone. Androidbiits will not be responsible if your S5 got corrupted during the installation process. I forgot say that your Samsung Galaxy S5 battery level must be above 85% before following these steps.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat Shohat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
1. First, you have to download Shohat ROM.
2. Download Google Apps package for your 5.1 inch phone.
3. Go to the settings of Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F and enable USB debugging.
4. Now you have to connect your 5.1 inch phone with your PC via USB cable.
5. After connecting your Galaxy S5 G900F, you have to transfer Shohat ROM ZIP file and Google Apps package to the SD card of your Galaxy S5 G900F. Then, switch it off.
6. Remove the USB cable from your 5.1 inch phone and then you have to put it into Recovery Mode.
7. Now you have to choose “wipe data/factory reset” option from the main menu of your 5.1 inch phone.
8. You have to choose “wipe cache partition” from the main menu of your 5.1 inch phone.
9. Now you have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then search for Shohat ROM ZIP file and Google Apps
package from the SD card of your 5.1 inch phone. Then, install them.
10. Now you have to return to the main menu of your 5.1 inch Galaxy S5 G900F and choose “reboot system now” option.
You will have to wait until your Galaxy S5 G900F restarts. It may take around 4 minutes to reboot. Once your 5.1 inch phone is restarted, you can enjoy Shohat. If you are facing any difficulty while installing Shohat, then you can tell your difficulty in the comment section below.