Are you a user of Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000? Androidbiits.com brings an exciting news for Galaxy S GT-I9000 users. According to humberos, Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM [Unofficial] Custom ROM is released for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. In my previous post, I have written the tutorial for updating Nexus 5 D821 to Lollipop 5.1 with the help of Euphoria-OS 1.1. Now the exciting news is that Galaxy S GT-I9000 users can test OmniROM [galaxysmtd]. Today, I will write the step-by-step tutorial for updating Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using OmniROM [galaxysmtd]. This is really an amazing news for GT-I9000 owners who are waiting to enjoy the new version of Lollipop on their Galaxy S GT-I9000. OmniROM [galaxysmtd] may bring some improvements on your GT-I9000.
I am expecting that Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 users will be able to install OmniROM [galaxysmtd] easily without facing any difficulty after reading the steps written in Androidbiits.com. Dear S GT-I9000 user, OmniROM [galaxysmtd] needs rooted GT-I9000, so it is important to root S GT-I9000. Well, another crucial thing is CWM recovery installation on GT-I9000 before installing OmniROM [galaxysmtd]. You can perform all these tasks after unlocking your GT-I9000 bootloader. You may experience several bugs on S GT-I9000 after installing OmniROM [galaxysmtd]. Androidbiits.com recommends that S GT-I9000 users must take a backup of their data including messages and contacts before installing OmniROM [galaxysmtd], as there is a chance of losing all data including messages and contacts from their GT-I9000.
Below are the step-by-step method using which you can install OmniROM [galaxysmtd]. Androidbiits.com will not take any responsibility if GT-I9000 got broken during this process. GT-I9000 battery must be more than 92% before following this tutorial.
How to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM [galaxysmtd] Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 [Tutorial]
1. It is the time to download OmniROM for your GT-I9000.
2. It is the proper time to download Gapps for GT-I9000.
3. It is the time to go to GT-I9000 settings, then you will have to click USB debugging.
4. It is the time to attach Galaxy S GT-I9000 with desktop.
5. It is the time to transfer OmniROM [galaxysmtd] and Gapps to GT-I9000 memory card.
6. It is the time to turn off GT-I9000.
7. It is the time to remove the USB cable from GT-I9000.
8. It is the time to put GT-I9000 into Recovery Mode.
9. It is the time to choose “wipe data/factory reset” on GT-I9000.
10. It is the time to choose “wipe cache partition” on GT-I9000.
11. It is the time to choose “install zip from SD card” for installing OmniROM [galaxysmtd] on GT-I9000.
12. It is the time to choose OmniROM [galaxysmtd] on GT-I9000.
13. It is the time to install OmniROM [galaxysmtd] on GT-I9000.
14. It is the time to go to GT-I9000 main menu and then you will have to click “reboot system now”.
15. It is the perfect time to wait until GT-I9000 restarts.
After your Galaxy S GT-I9000 is rebooted, you can test OmniROM [galaxysmtd]. Dear friend, if you are experiencing any difficulty while installing OmniROM [galaxysmtd], then you must share your difficulty with Androidbiits.com.